-2-

On the third day of school, Kongphop had another detention. This time, somebody accused him for stealing his classmate's wallet which he had no idea how the hideous looking thing ended up in his bag. "U-uh, I didn't know why this thing is in my backpack. He must have been confused because our backpack look totally the same, Miss!"

After school that day ended, Miss Jessica told Kongphop to think about all the wild stories he told. He thought Miss Jessica should believe him. Sadly, she didn't see passed that. She did see Kongphop after school for the third times in a row.

Kongphop sat lazily on his desk, Miss Jessica was out for an hour because apparently, she said she have urgent meeting to attend. He sighed and started writing again. He was supposed to write hundred reasons for not lying. But Kongphop didn't think the punishment was fair. He wasn't the cause for all the troubles. He could be Arthit's replacement. He was extremely distressed at the fact he was mad at Arthit, and worse, the boy actually have a tendency to walk in the room like nothing happened, or maybe he just want to piss him off even more...

"Get out of here! I'm not in the mood to fool around."

"Kong..." There was sarcastic smile with a hint of arrogance in his voice. As if he had nothing else to say, Arthit would just randomly call out his name. Thus, Kongphop swore he would never be like him or sink down to the boy's level and so for a long time he never responded to his antics.

"Call me Kong once again... I'll clip your lips off!" Kongphop's tone was almost languid, but there was fierceness in it, a hungry treat of violence.

"You wouldn't risk for another detention, would you?" Arthit ignored the threat and sarcastically asked, lighting up a cigarette. He took a long drag and let the grey smoke run around his head like he was some sort of real tough boy.

Kongphop's eyes widened at the response. Arthit's lips curled tight around the cigarette, making his pretty face seemed a little older. Kongphop thought Arthit looks as cheap as all the other typical rebels he saw walking in town; smoking with their long thin hands bent just at the wrist, laughing with their proud faces, trading stories about how many girls they screwed in one day.

"Don't you know smoking is bad for your health? It'll kill you."

Arthit laugh loudly, "It's my body. We are all going to die one day, so what's the difference of what kills me. I enjoy my cigarettes. You don't own me and you have no right asking me to quit."

"I wonder how all this could make you act the way you did to me now, picking on people as you seem to do might as well you drop out of this school."

Arthit was shocked, really. It did not escape his notice how Kongphop had withdrawn from him with a few clever words. He clenches his fist and the way he felt his muscles in his arm bunch with tension. "Listen! I don't even know what the fuck are you saying! I didn't come here for this. I come here to look in your face and warn you to stop acting like a saint!"

"You see, that's your problem. You think you can control everyone!" Kongphop exploded, shock deluding the fury on his face. "I'm not of those people who you can mess around with. I'm going to lift up all your worst expectation because I don't give a damn about you and  your rebellious act!"

They stared at each other. Both were waiting for the other to resume fighting, which Arthit did, shamelessly.

"If you're trying to frighten me, you've failed miserably."

Kongphop retorted abruptly, "I could do so much harm that you ever could."

"Have you heard of the boy who cried wolf?" Arthit eventually asked having difficulty controlling his anger. He plucked the cigarette from his lips, taking a short drag and exhaling like a pro without choking on a lung. His face was a little sweaty and reddened as he did so. This was sure seemed like most horrible scene Kongphop has seen in a long while.