pool party

cleaning up the pool i put down the brush

cleaning up the pool i put down the brush. huffing i wiped the water on my shorts and walked inside. today my family has invited the [c/l/n]'s over today for a pool party. our families were pretty close considering my dad and [c/n]'s dad worked together. walking inside my mom was frantically cleaning up the house while my dad finished cooking hotdogs and hamburgers.

"do you need help with anything, mom?" i asked walking into the living room. turning off the vacuum she looked at me.

"not right now. just make sure that your room is clean" she told me. i nodded to her walking to my room. it was already clean but i didn't want to argue with her. i sat on my bed with my phone texting my best friend that my crush was coming over.

me: dude i'm kinda freaking out 😬😬

sista🤪♥️: girl, you have nothing to worry about

me: with my luck i'd probably find some way to make a fool of myself 😒

sista🤪♥️: he probably won't notice, he'll think your cute ☺️☺️

me: HAHAHAHAHA. him? thinking i'm cute? that's hilarious

sista🤪♥️: your adorable as heck 😤 if he can't see that then don't waste your time 😤

"[y/n] they're here!" my mom called me, causing my heart to drop and a pit in my stomach to form.

me: AGH OH NO! they're here! bro pray for me, i might not make it out alive 😭💀

sista🤪♥️: shut up! you'll be fine. go get em' tiger

getting up off of my bed i walked out to the living room was. standing there was the most beautiful human i've ever seen.

"hey [y/n]!" [c/n]'s mom came up to give me a hug, then his dad,

"hi" i say fiddling with my fingers.

"[y/n] walk them out to the back yard" my dad tells me. nodding i lead them through the house and back to where the pool was. we had lawn chairs around a fire pit with the grill up against the side of the house.

"you guys can put your stuff down and sit" i said trying not to let my nervousness show.
[c/n] and i haven't said a word to each other yet. we used to be closer when we were younger but drifted apart considering he was a grade older than me.

——

everyone was talking and having a good time. everyone ate some hotdogs and burgers as they sat around the bonfire. [c/n] and his siblings were in the pool with my siblings.

"why don't you go swimming?" my mom suggests as she saw me walking over to them.

"yea, look [c/n]'s in there" my dad points out, i look over to see him getting out of the pool... shirtless. he went over to the side to grab a ball that has been thrown out of the pool. biting my lip i didn't know if i should or shoulder go in.