shower

the bathroom filled with steamy clouds as the hot water poured down from the shower head

the bathroom filled with steamy clouds as the hot water poured down from the shower head. slipping off her red silk robe, it puddled at her feet. taking out the bobby pins from her hair, it hung down. her husband was out at the grocery store so she took this available time to relax. pushing open the sliding glass door, she stepped in. the warmth consumed her cold body as the water droplets hit her skin. she sighed contently, feeling her body instantly heat up. humming a quiet tune to herself she didn't hear her door to her apartment open, indicating that her husband had come back. it was a rather quick trip. he liked getting stuff done quickly were as [y/n] rethinks and overthinks about what's worth buying and what isn't.

"[y/n]" he called out. when he got no answer. he walked down the hallway to their closed bedroom door. pushing it open with a light creaking noise he looked to his right to see the bathroom door cracked open. the steam crawling out and evaporating. he smiled to himself as he drew himself closer to the door. hearing her sing softly to herself. he kicked off his shoes onto the carpeted floor. he undid his belt and slipped off his jeans, then his shirt. he opened the door to see her robe dropped on the ground. with the glass door fogged up she had no idea that he was in the same room as her. biting his lip he slipped off his final piece of clothing. sliding open the glass door, quietly so she couldn't hear. he stepped in, feeling the water on the bottoms of his feet. he quickly brought his hands over her eyes and lips to the shell of her ear.

"don't move" he voice low and deep. she smiled to herself, recognizing the voice of her husband.

"[c/n]?"

his hands fell off her eyes and down to her waist. pulling her into his chest.

"why are you home so early?"

"because i stay on task" he replied with a small chuckle in the back of his throat. he placed his lips at the side of her neck, kissing down to the top of her shoulder. she giggled at his lips tickled her skin. he smiled, trailing himself back up and behind her ear.

"do you need help showering?" he asked, rubbing his hands up and down her arms. she nodded despite the fact that she couldn't see his face.

"that would be nice"

he turned around, grabbing a bottle of shampoo and putting some in the palm of his hand. massaging his fingers on her scalp, bubbles started to form throughout her hair. she turned around with her back facing the downfall of the water. she smiled up at him. gazing into his eyes, feeling like the luckiest girl in the world.

"you are beautiful [y/f/n] [y/l/n]" he beamed, placing his hand on her cheek. her eyes lit up and her heart melted as she heard those words drip from his lips. no matter how many times he complimented her, she always reacts the same way. and he loved it. he loved making her feel special, like she was the only girl in the world. he pulled her closer to him. hip to hip.

(get your mind out of the gutter 😭)

he leaned forward, brushing the tip of his nose against hers. his eyes flickered between her own and her lips. she felt so vulnerable around him. her hands were placed on his shoulders. tilting her head up, he took her breath away. her cheeks heat up and it wasn't because of the obvious temperature in the room. his lips were soft like flower petals. she loved the taste of them as she wrapped her two lips on his upper lip.

"i love you" [y/n] breathed as she pulled away. he placed his foreheads on hers, smiling like a freak. like he had just won a prize. like he had the whole world in the palm of his hand. quite frankly she was his world, and he could hold it whenever he wanted. because he was hers. and she was his.