Chapter Three

Today is Monday! First day of Rehearsal! I got up at 6 am, Rehearsal started at 8. I showered and changed into black pants, a blue shirt, and tennis shoes. I packed up my jazz, ballet, and tap shoes. (They’re brand new, I don’t know how to dance). I left my hair down for an impression (;

        Rehearsals were at the New 42nd Street Studios, which is like a block or two away. Luckily there’s a Starbucks right by. I left my apartment at 7:25 and started walking to Starbucks. The line wasn’t too bad. But I ordered a piece of coffee cake and some hot tea. Delicious! I’m actually really nervous, I only know Ben really. I walked into the door and there was a security guard there.
“Pass?”
“Excuse me?”
“You need to show me your rehearsal pass to go up.”
“I-I don’t have a pass, I’m new”
“Then I can’t let you up, miss.”
I am really freaking out now. Suddenly the door opened behind me.
“She’s with me!” a voice behind me said. He (?) grabbed my arm and pulled me to the elevator. When I walked into the elevator I saw who it was. Corey Cott.
“Thanks, Corey!” I said shyly.
“No problem, Sydney is it?” I nodded my head. He pushed the bottom to floor 9. We finally reached the 9th floor after a long and silent ride up. Corey walked out first. It was a huge space with dance bars, which the attractive Newsies were already stretching. I haven’t seen Ben yet, so I figured I’d stretch as well. I found a spot in between JP Ferrari and Tommy Bracco. (Fangirling omg) 

I was awkwardly standing there by the bar clueless. Luckily before I made a bigger fool of myself, Ben finally showed up. 
“Hey Sydney!” he shouted from across the room.
“Hey!” I said back, making my way over to him, “I’m so overwhelmed! I don’t what I’m supposed to be doing.” 
“It’ll get easier I promise! Here let me give you a tour.” He said and took my hand. He led me around the entire floor. It was HUGGEEE. Our last stop was the locker room where he showed me my locker (Kara’s old one) and I put my stuff in. 
“You shouldn’t need your dance shoes quite yet.” He said and we walked back to the dance studio (Where we begin). 
Before I could say how absolutely amazed I was by all this the director and the other reative walked in. 
“Hey everyone!” the director said, “Before we get started I would like to introduce some people to you. As you know Kara has left, but you may not know the Ryan Breslin-Race is going to be gone for maybe 2 months. So could I have Sydney and Guiseppe come stand up here by me.” 
I slowly made my way up to the director, I was really nervous mind you, and all eyes were either on me or Guiseppe. “Intoduce yourselves” The director said. I looked over at Guiseppe and smiled at me and offered me to go first. 
I took a deep breath “Hi I’m Sydney and I’m playing Katherine Plumber.” 
“Hi I’m Guiseppe Bausilio and I’m playing Race while Ryan is working on something else.” 
“Now on to today’s schedule. The News Boys ensemble you’ll be working on seize the day and carrying the Banner to fix up some of the problems. Sydney and Guiseppe you need to go into the costume room and get fitted for your costumes and shoes, and Sydney your wig. The Understudies for Race and Katherine you need to go over EVERYTHING! You guys are on for tonights show. Okay everyone get to work!. He finished and then look towards us “You two need to come in at 6:30 tomorrow morning and started learning dances and songs, you will get your scripts in the costume room” 

Rehearsal ended right before the the show that night. It has been a long day so when I got home I went right to bed.