Wedding Planning Pt. 2

Marilyn called Roger on the phone and they continued to discuss wedding plans. Both Roger and Marilyn didn't know what theme they wanted and couldn't understand why it was so hard for them to decide.

"We could have a traditional wedding." Roger said. "Or a white wedding."

"Both those ideas sound lovely, but may I share one of my ideas?" Marilyn asked, hoping Roger would like her idea for the wedding.

"Of course dear." Roger answered.

"Why don't we do a Halloween wedding." Marilyn smiled. Roger paused for a second. He never heard of such a wedding before and thought a traditional wedding was perfect for the pair of them.

"If that's what you want dear, I think it's....lovely." Roger said. Marilyn made a confused face. Something in Roger's tone of voice sounded like the idea was rather weird to him. Like he was against the idea of a Halloween wedding even though it was October and Halloween would be coming soon.What was wrong with a Halloween wedding? Some people like to have those kinds of weddings.

"Roger, are you sure you're alright with this?" Marilyn asked.

"Of course! After all it is October...." Roger trailed off.

"I only want to do this if you agree with me." Marilyn said.

"Anything for you my love." Roger said.

"Wonderful!" Marilyn exclaimed. "I'll see you at supper! I can hardly wait to tell everyone!" Marilyn blew a kiss into the phone and Roger returned the kiss. He hung up the phone and was puzzled at why Marilyn wanted a Halloween wedding. It was peculiar and rather unusual for a person to chose that type of wedding. He knew people did choose that kind of theme and he wouldn't choose this personally, but he loved Marilyn more than anything and if this theme was what Marilyn chose, it was the theme they were going to have.
~

Roger drove to the Munster house for dinner. Ever since he and Marilyn got engaged, the Munsters have happily invited him over for dinner every night. He parked his car and walked up to the front door and knocked. Lily answered it and let Roger in.

"How are you today Roger?" Lily asked leading Roger into the kitchen.

"I'm alright, thank you Mrs. Munster." Roger said.

"Please, call me Lily, I insist," Lily smiled.

"Thank you Mrs. Mun- Lily." Roger said. Lily patted Roger on the arm and led him into the kitchen where everybody was seated and ready to eat. He sat in his usual seat next to Marilyn and the two kissed. Lily served homemade vegetable soup for dinner.

"Yum! This vegetable soup is delicious!" Pugsley exclaimed.

"I'm glad you like it dear." Lily said.

"Aunt Lily is a wonderful cook." Marilyn said.

"Indeed she is." Roger said.

"She really does make the best homemade food." Eddie said putting a spoonful of soup in his mouth.

"She's the best cook I know." Herman smiled.

"Oh, Herman you'll have me blushing." Lily said, her cheeks turning a darker shade of green. Herman cupped her right cheek and stroked it with his thumb. He thought it was adorable when she blushed. To him it made her more cute than what she was.

"Oh, Lily, you're so beautiful." Herman said.

"Thank you, pussycat." Lily said.

"You're welcome dear." Herman said caressing her cheek with his thumb.