Letting Go

Wednesday's and Eddie were in the swamp behind the house in each other's arms. Wednesday looked up at Eddie, who smiled down at her.

"When are we going to tell our parents about....um...us? This?" Wednesday asked.

"I'm not sure, but we'll know when the time's right." Eddie answered. "We only started....this, three days ago."

"Alright." Wednesday replied.

"But Wednesday." Eddie started.

"Yes?" Wednesday asked with hopeful eyes.

"You know we've known each other for a long time, don't you?" Eddie asked. "I mean a really long time."

"Yes, I know." Wednesday answered.

"Alrighty, then,....uh, we've told each other a lot about ourselves. Sometimes we've told each other things we've never told anyone else. I've told you certain things I would never dream of tellin' my mom or pop." Eddie said, taking Wednesday's hands in his.

"Yes." Wednesday said. "I've also told you things I wouldn't tell my mother and father. Also, you've been the truest friend I've ever had."

"And you've been the best friend I've ever had." Eddie said. "But Wednesday....what I'm trying to say is that,.....is that I love you. I've loved you ever since we were children. I love you for your kindness, your strong personality, the way you care for your pets and your devotion to family."

"I love you too." Wednesday said.

"I know you pro-" Eddie started. "You love me too?"

"Yes." Wednesday answered. "I love you for your kindness, how good your are to your family and friends, and how much you care about your pet dragon spot. No one has ever cared about dragons as much as me besides you outside of my family."

"I love, you, to the moon and back Wednesday Addams." Eddie said, hugging Wednesday said.

"I love you to the moon and back too, Edward Munster." Wednesday said before they kissed. After they pulled away Eddie played with one of Wednesday's braids.

"Shall we tell our parents about us?" Eddie asked.

"Of course." Wednesday answered. "Now that we're sure we love each other."

"Are you ready, then?" Eddie asked, holding out his hand for Wednesday to take. Wednesday took Eddie's hand and he led her back to their house. They went inside to see both their parents sitting at the table and talking.

"Hello, children." Gomez said.

"Hello, father." Wednesday said.

"How did your night in the swamp go?" Morticia asked.

"It went very well..." Wednesday trailed off smiling one of her rare smiles.

"Are you two together?" Lily asked, smiling. Wednesday and Eddie looked at each other.

"Yes." Eddie answered. "We are together. Mr. and Mrs. Addams, I love your daughter to the moon and back."

"And Mr. and Mrs. Munster I also love your son to the moon and back." Wednesday said.

"Isn't this wonderful dear, our son has his first love." Lily said.

"It is dear." Herman said.

"Although...my baby is growing up!" Lily exclaimed fighting back tears of nostalgia.

"Mom...." Eddie started walking over to his mother and placing a hand on her shoulder.

"It's ok." Eddie said.

"Oh, Eddie, it's just you'll always be my baby." Lily said giving Eddie a hug. Eddie hugged her back. He was embarrassed that Lily had called him her baby in front of his new girlfriend, and he was always embarrassed when she called him her baby in front of anyone for that matter, but this time, he didn't mind as much as he usually did and she was his mother and he loved her.

"Eddie." Gomez started.

"Yes, Mr. Addams?" Eddie asked. Gomez walked up to Eddie and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Now, you're going out with my little girl-" Gomez started, but was cut off by morticia.

"Gomez!" Morticia exclaimed.

"Sorry. Just protecting our daughter." Gomez said.

"You'll have to forgive him Eddie, he gets rather excited when it comes to our children." Morticia said.

"It's alright Mrs. Addams." Eddie said. "And Mr. Addams, I promise, I will be a great boyfriend to your daughter."

"That's good to hear." Gomez said. "But keep in mind I'll be watching you." Gomez lit a cigar and put it in his mouth and walked over to Morticia and wrapped a secure arm around her waist.

"Father..." Wednesday trailed off.

"Alright, alright, I'll give him a chance." Gomez said.

"Thank you." Wednesday said.

"Yes, Mr. Addams, thank you." Eddie said.

"You're welcome." Gomez said.

"Congratulations on your diets girlfriend Eddie, son." Herman said, giving his son a pat on his shoulder and laughing his hearty laugh.

"Thanks pop." Eddie said before hugging his father. Herman Hughes his son back.

"Eddie, do you want to go see a movie?" Wednesday asked.

"Yes, but what's playin'?" Eddie asked.

"Let me see..." Wednesday said picking up a newspaper and scanning it. "There's a true life prison picture story, I've always loved those."

"Really? Neat!" Eddie exclaimed. "But what else is playin'?"

"There's 'The Fall of The House' of Usher', 'House of Wax', 'The Bodysnatchers'....." Wednesday trailed off . Wednesday and Eddie looked at each other.

"The Fall of The House of Usher." They said union. Eddie lead Wednesday back into the kitchen.

"If you need us we'll be going to a movie." Eddie said.

"What movie are you going to see dear?" Lily asked.

"We're goin' to go see 'The Fall of The House of Usher'." Eddie answered.

"What an excellent choice." Morticia smiled. She has always loved Edgar Allan Poe and his writings ever since she was a child, and she was glad she was able to share it with Gomez, mama, Uncle Fester, and now their children.

"We'll be back." Wednesday said.

"Have fun, we'll see you two when we get back." Lily said smiling. Wednesday and Eddie went out to the car and drove off to the drive-in,  in the late night.

      Yay!!!! Wednesday and Eddie are a couple!!! That's so sweet!🥰 By the way, I hope my writing isn't terrible...I know I could probably be more descriptive and there is definitely room for improvement, but otherwise I hope you guys are enjoying my stories and think I'm doing a good job! Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, and see you all in the next chapter my lovelies! Byee!

~Lily Munster