i'm drunk, remember when you needed me?

never in a million years did mattia think he would have to be the strict parent yet there he was grounding luke for getting into trouble at school. mattia always thought that he was going to be the fun parent, the parent that his kid could tell anything to and bond so easily with.

luke's school called both of his parents which haven't spoken or seen each other since the little intervention at the cosentino household. they only talked through text which was mainly about the kids schedules and stuff like that, nothing else.

sara and mattia stood outside of the school with luke, talking about what his punishment should be and what it not should be. as usual mattia wasn't cooperating with sara's suggestions and didn't listen to anything she had to say.

"he can't control his actions sometimes, mattia! you know that so don't be so harsh on him." sara clenched her jaw. "but he knows better! and he's getting too old for that ADHD excuse, sara. you can't always blame that for his behavior!" mattia raised his voice at her.

"for fucks sake, mattia, the doctor even said the ADHD is the reason he has bad behavior and can't control it sometimes!" she reminds him. "we have to be there for him when he struggles with it, mattia. not punish him." sara adds making mattia roll his at her.

"it doesn't even matter anymore, sara. you're leaving in a few days so you won't even be here most of the time." mattia scoffed at her and folds his arm over his chest. "you're right. so tonight i'm taking the kids and i'm not taking them back to your place until the day i leave. so for right now luke is coming with me." she holds luke's hand and smirks at mattia who had steam practically coming out of his ears.

"like hell he is!" mattia tries grabbing luke but he moves away from mattia's grip. "you can't do this. we had an agreement, sara." mattia sighs in annoyance. "mattia, calm down you're acting like it's the end of the world." sara rolls her eyes.

it feels like it since we aren't together anymore.

he thought to himself.

"you sure you want to go with your mom?" mattia asked his son with a stern look. luke looks up at his dad and nods, slowly going behind sara to hide from mattia who was starting to scare him.

"what a momma's boy." mattia mumbles to himself.

"fine. you two have fun doing whatever you guys do when i'm not around." mattia gave them a sarcastic smile before harshly giving luke's backpack to sara. he walks off, pulling his hair as he does so and walks to his jeep.

sara and luke walk to her car, hand in hand. once they get into the car, the eleven year old breaks down.

"i-i'm sorry, mommy. i didn't mean to upset you." he sobs as she wraps her arm around him. "no, baby. you didn't upset me. your dad did." sara sighs as she messes with her son's hair to sooth him. "don't ever think that i'm upset because of you." she adds and kisses his little head.

"i don't like living with him anymore. i feel trapped." he confesses. "why?" sara asked. "he's so strict and mean. i don't like him like this. i miss how things used to be." his words were breaking sara's heart.

she had no idea her baby was feeling this way. usually her kids tell her everything, but now it feels like they can't tell her anything because they're either scared or just don't want to worry her.

she also wanted to defend mattia since luke called him mean which wasn't true at all. mattia is and will never be a "mean dad". he's just strict so his kids won't end up in the streets in the future and wants what's best for his kids. they're too young to understand him but eventually will understand him when they have their own kids.