Chapter seven

The hot water beats on my aching muscles with the fury the i currently have bottled inside of myself, maybe a little lighter in comparison. 

Hooves beat the ground with an equal fury though, one that demands attention. I hear the whisper of said hooves directly in my ear before "Dakota"  

I shoot from the stream of my shower hitting the wall behind me with an intense force. So intense it shakes the small window by my head, and causes my roommate to stick her head in and ask if i'm ok. 

At this point i am breathing heavily, deeply shaken by the tunnel vision moment i just had. I know it was him but i want to ignore it, forget it. 

I'm stuck in my thoughts before the curtain is ripped open, revealing my worried friend. 

"Gods almighty woman, how're you showering in this!?" She yelps at my scared face, before realizing it was just that, scared. I never show emotion, much less fear. Amari being the one of two to ever see me this way. 

She shuts off the water, snatches my towel, then holds me while i shiver from my barrage of emotions. Before i can stop them, the tears low once again. My carefree atmosphere gone, buried deeper than the roots of a determined tree. I sob into her full chest while she pets my black hair with a smaller towel, attempting to dry the thick locks. 

After what seems to be ages, i'm reduced to a sniffling, snotty mess. I look up at my bubbly friend with pouty lips and watery eyes. "aw wittle baby" she says pinching my nose softly, "If i liked girls i'd kiss that little pout from your face you're so cute." She giggles lively. 

I let out a weak laugh and sit up, wiping away the snot with my towel, before standing to dress myself in my room that we had migrated to. 

She watches me dress with sad eyes, i know my silence is new to her. My mind speaks more words than i care to voice. I wish i could open my mind to allow her to hear my thoughts. Then, a thought that stops the rest. What if i can? I'm not human. I glance at my disturbed friend. 

I turn, half dressed, then stare at her meaningfully before i attempt to relax myself enough to feel my mind 'open' itself to her. I watch her gasp, then her cheeks burn brightly as she turns her face away and covers her mouth with an ample hand.

"Tata," She says my name breathlessly, i have never heard her this way before. I love it. "you're meant to only share that with a special person in your life, or if you were in a pack, with them." she states in a shy manner. I tilt my head and glance at her with my concentrated eyes. She stares back with wide eyes at my darkened expression. 

"You are special to me, you're my sweet little planet, Mars." My tone is deeper than i even recognize. Her cheeks burn again, a sight i love. I've never seen her this way but now i know how to keep receiving it. 

"No you idiot," She grounds out softly. "I'm talking about your soul mate, someone you classify as the love of your life." Back to her old self at the end of the sentence. 

I tilt my head down on her, realizing my mistake "You know i'll never fall in love Mars, all i need is your silly face and lively personality." I chuckle lightly ruffling her soft hair and throw a shirt over my muscled body. She huffs and follows me to the kitchen. After the hell of  work out, i am going to need a feast or just butt load of carbs. 

I groan happily at the thought of tasty meats and cheese, before deciding on a hefty sized grilled cheese. "Hey Mars, do you want a cheesy sammy" i belt through the door way of our small house. 

"Yes Pease!" she giggles childishly. I adore that one i do. I smile as i cook the delicious, what time is it?, lunch. I basically drool as i sniff the melted cheese and hot meats, alongside the bubbling tomato soup.