1

⦗ C H A P T E R   O N E ⦘ 

Beomgyu's alarm woke him up early in the morning, the gray haired boy groaned in annoyance and tiredness that he drops his phone on the floor but the alarm still won't go off. He rubs his eyes and yawns before getting up and picking his phone that he dropped on the floor.

"7 am, gotta work," He said, eyes still half open.

"Sweetie! Breakfast is ready!" His eyes widened when he hears his mother shout, he quickly got out of the bed and ran down the stairs.

Their house isn't that big, and not that small either. Just enough space for the three of them to move around.

"Mom, why'd you cook breakfast this early? You're tired, you should've just let me cook for us," Beomgyu pouts as he sits on his chair while watching his mom place the food on the table.

"I've got this okay? And besides, I'm your mother, I need to take care of you!" His mother pinched Beomgyu on the cheeks making the boy chuckle.

"Hmm, good morning hyung, good morning mom!" Taehyun greets as he went down the stairs while rubbing both of his eyes. 

Their mother signals him to come sit with them so they can eat breakfast already, the three of them thanked for the food and started eating.

"M-mom..." Taehyun calls while lowering his head.

"Yes, sweetie? Anything wrong?"

"S-school's tuition is really expensive," Taehyun said making Beomgyu and their mother sigh. 

"I'll... find a way to pay for your and Beommie's tuition, okay? Mommy's got this!" 

Beomgyu looked at his mother, pity is written all over his face. He lets out a sad smile, "Mom, I'll... drop out of school and work. I'll help in working and saving money," Their mother turned her head to Beomgyu—shocked.

"No, son! It's my  responsibility! You have to go to school," His mother insisted.

Beomgyu reached out to his mother's hand and gave her an assuring smile, "I'll work for Taehyun's schooling, it's okay mom, it's for the best," The mother sighed, she's got no choice left after all.

It's hard to earn money in the kingdom they live in; opportunities are rare and salaries are small. Even if you get ten part time jobs, you still won't be able to save up enough money to send two kids to school, especially now that one of them is going to college.

"F-fine... but promise me, you'll still go back to school as soon as your brother finishes," Their mother looked like she's about to cry.

Beomgyu stands up from his sit and hugs his mother, placing his chin on his mother's head and his arms around her shoulders, "Of course, we got this!"

Taehyun smiled, "I'll get part time jobs as well while going to school, I can work on weekends or maybe even after school, I'll help out!" 

Their mother stands up and kisses both of her sons' foreheads, "I am so blessed to have angels like you in my life," She said, teary eyed. 

An hour passed, Beomgyu is now on his way to his part time job for this day; working as a waiter in a restaurant his friend owns. The restaurant is famous, not only for its food, but because of the owner himself. Who wouldn't want to go on a place where a cute little boy owns it?

"Good morning, Hueningi!" Beomgyu greets as he enters through the revolving door. 

A boy taller than Beomgyu but younger than him, who doesn't look like Korean, soft looking, and with a huge smile on his face turns to see Beomgyu.

"Beommiee~" He says as he runs towards the boy and gave the smaller boy a tight hug.

"Hey, hey, I need to change now, the restaurant will be opening soon," Beomgyu laughs as he pulls the younger one away slowly and lightly.

With a pout on HueningKai's mouth he said, "But I missed you!"

"We've only like seen each other yesterday, Hueningi!" Beomgyu laughs more when he saw the younger's reaction, pouting and sad.

He, then, pinches the other's cheeks, "Yeah alright, I missed you too~"

The younger one smiles and nods, "I know! Who wouldn't miss me?"

The older one wears his apron while the other one stares at him with his sparkling eyes, "Oh! By the way, the restaurant won't be open for long today. Only until 5 pm," He says making the older one confused.

"Why though? You got plans for tonight?"

"Silly! You didn't know?"

"Know what?"

The younger one showed Beomgyu a poster, "A Masquerade ball? At the castle? Tonight?!"

HueningKai nods his head up and down with a smile, "And you and I are going! Besides, everyone is invited!"

Beomgyu shakes his head from left to right fast, "No way! I don't belong there!"

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well, first of, I'm poor and rich people will be there—surrounding me, talking all gracefully and smelling like rich people, I would totally be out of place!" HueningKai was about to talk when Beomgyu halts him by placing his index finger on his lips.

"Second, I'm ugly—"

"What?! Where?!"

"All over here," Beomgyu says as he draws a circle in front of his face.

"If you're ugly why're you even called 'a pretty boy in distress'?!" HueningKai sighs and snaps his finger on the older's forehead.

"Who named me—oh my god, never mind! And it's final, I won't go. Besides, I don't even have anything to wear," Beomgyu says and walks out the locker room.

"Beommie~ Please go with me~" HueningKai pouts as he hugs Beomgyu's leg.

Beomgyu sighs, "No, Hueningi."

"Pretty please~"

"No."

"Pretty, pretty, pretty please!" His puppy eyes making Beomgyu weak but it's not enough for him to give in.

"I said, no."

"Pretty please with chocolate syrup, cheese in the inside, and a cherry on top!"

Beomgyu's eyes widened as he smiled, "Geez, okay, okay." He ruffles the younger's hair making HueningKai blush and bite the insides of his cheeks.

"I'll take care of your clothes! Just come by my house after work!" HueningKai says, still stopping himself from stuttering.

"What? But you've already done enough; letting me borrow money and helping me and my family live, there's no way I'd let you get me an outfit as well!"

"Silly, you'll wear one of my clothes so I won't spend money, okay?" HueningKai winks making the other one stutter and blush.

"F-fine, I'll just go work now, then."