CHAPTER 2 - Good night

A/N: Thank you for waiting on the update, for reading the fic and for the love on the story. I hope you guys would enjoy this next chapter. I tried to write something light, some interactions I wish to see on the show and of course, Outlaw Queen! :) Leave comments! Enjoy and thank you!

        o-o

                Countless stars and the bright moon danced across the sky as the night started to consume the town, the day was ending equally great as it had begun beautifully as well. The peaceful evening brought every family to their dinner tables or to a couch in front of a television as they all watched together, whatever it was they’re doing, every family had spent their dusks under the roofs of their respective homes. There were no worries, no curse, nothing that could have stirred fear or chaos of sorts. It was indeed as if the passing moments of their lives were already the beginning of their happy endings.

“We should have just come later than we actually did,” Zelena blurted with a grin. “Sorry if we disturbed the two of you earlier,” she added as she rose from her seat and collected the dishes from the table.

“What?” Regina asked naively while Robin Hood was just shifting her glance between the sisters, smiling.

“Oh, you know. What I… I mean, what Henry and I saw when we stepped onto this room,” Zelena teased. Regina’s face turned pink in an instant as she had the image of what her sister was talking about, but nonetheless, she didn’t say a word.

“Okay,” Robin Hood mumbled as he stood from the chair, his face crimson red down to his neck as he seemed confused whether to say some more or just bolt through the exit of the kitchen. “I guess this is sisters’ pep talk?” He asked, his accent precise and clear but he didn’t quite expect an answer. The ginger head merely chuckled at his excuse as she waved her hand to dismiss him. The blue eyes of the man darted through the brunette’s red lips and smiled as he walked towards the other room, scratching the back of his flushed neck.

“Stop it!” Regina glared at her older sister.

“Stop what?” Zelena replied. “I haven’t even started yet,” she said, smirking.

“Remind me again why I asked you to stay in my house?” Regina questioned, pressing fingers on her temples as she closed her eyes, trying to be patient.

“Hmmm,” the ginger hummed. “Because I’m your sister?”

“Right, right,” the brunette sarcastically responded with a smug smile.

“To be fair, I think that was cute,” Zelena said teasingly as she started washing the plates over the sink. She had learned not to use magic, or stop using magic, with the simplest things that needed to be done. And while she stood with such a perfect stance cleaning the utensils they used, her back on Regina, she could feel her sister’s stare boring on her spine. She loved that feeling – that she can have her sister provoked and annoyed and yet, she knows, her sister would still keep her close. Zelena lives in Regina’s extravagant mansion although she had volunteered to get a place of her own around the town, Regina insisted to have her by her side. Not that she doesn’t trust her, Zelena had proved herself worthy of her sister’s confidence when she didn’t kill Rumplestiltskin or Elsa when she had their lives in her hands. Regina just felt that it would be better if they stayed together, they were after all, sisters and it’s really nice to have a family to have your back, something that Regina would want Zelena to feel.

“I’m not listening,” Regina commented unable to fight the curves tugging from the corner of her lips.

Zelena turned her head to look at her sister only to find her smiling on her direction, “You definitely are,” she said. “But you know what,” she added while rinsing the glasses, “I didn’t expect that it would be that fast,” she mentioned pointing her dripping finger out to Regina’s baby bump.