CHAPTER 3 - Changes

“Must we do this?” Regina asked, staring at her reflection on the full-length mirror in her room. She’s wearing a plain, white dress; her slightly grown hair was loosely braided on either side and tucked behind her ears. Her hands were wandering on her round belly as she tried to straighten her outfit, her forehead creasing.

“Alas we must,” Robin responded with a chuckle as he stepped behind her and placed a kiss on her cheek. He was looking at her through the mirror, his biceps encircled the huge bump on Regina’s abdomen as he took in with every breath the scent of Regina’s shoulders. “You look… ravishing,” he whispered.

Ravishing?” Regina asked raising her eyebrow as she walked away from the looking glass but Robin didn’t let her go. He was holding her hands as he followed her through the bathroom where she, again, checked herself out from a different mirror.

“I even think that’s an understatement,” Robin said as he let go of Regina’s hand and let her discern her looks from the mirror. He watched as she turned side to side, fixed her hair and put a little make up on. “You are the fairest of them all,” he uttered as he leaned his head on the frame of the open door.

“That sounds weird,” Regina mumbled without removing her gaze on her reflection and dabbed lipstick on her supple lips.

“What?” He asked curiously.

“Nothing. It’s just that, I had a dream last night,” she popped her lips softly, walked towards him and wrapped her arms around his neck before she added, “you said those exact words.” Robin Hood blushed remembering his precise verses from last night and before he could even open his mouth, Regina sealed his lips with a long kiss.

The Outlaw kissed her back, harder, and he pressed her back against the wall, cornering her and preventing her from any escape. His tongue lingered across her lips, seeking entrance and when Regina parted her mouth open allowing him access, their tongues danced together. His right hand found its way to the back of Regina’s neck, pulling her closer and devouring every inch his mouth was laid on. But then, Regina stopped. “What?” Robin asked almost breathless.

Regina’s eyebrows furrowed as her fists balled on her sides, she took quick shallow breaths and replied, “We’re going to be late.” She tried hard to conceal the discomfort she’s having from the more frequent quickening of the baby twirling inside her.

“And here I am, thinking you didn’t want to go to the party,” he responded skeptically.

“If we don’t go there, Emma and Belle will just come here and drag me to it!” Regina countered.

“You’re quite right about that milady,” he confirmed. “So, shall we go?” He asked as he offered his hand for her to grab and hold but she didn’t take it.

She looked down on her dress and shook her head. “White looks hideous on me,” she said without meeting Robin’s gaze. However, he lifted her chin so he’ll see her beautiful brown eyes. He wasn’t able to say a word before Regina even added, “It is not in my color wheel.” Robin Hood’s forehead wrinkled as if questioning what Regina has just said. “Need I remind you? Black is my color,” Regina uttered, trying to make a point.

“But every hue looks good on you,” Robin whispered as his thumbs played gently on Regina’s already blushing cheeks.

Regina lifted her hand and cupped Robin’s cheek as she smiled, “I think we should better go.”

                o-o

“Are you sure we have everything we need?” Belle shouted over the counter on her very eminent accent.

Granny shook her head as she threw a look on Belle. “Yes,” Ruby interjected with a smile as she made it between the two ladies. “You need not to worry, just make sure Regina will come,” she added as she tucked the red highlights of her hair behind her ears.

“She will,” Belle answered confidently with a grin.

“Why do you even bother to this?” Granny asked smugly. “We already did this some months ago,” her comments earned her Ruby’s nudging elbow.

“I just want to make sure that Regina will feel that she and her baby are really welcome.”

“Well, I’m sure two baby showers will grant you play time with her little Princess,” Emma announced, smirking, as she approached the group.

“Why don’t you just make your own princess?” Granny suggested mockingly. Both Emma and Ruby laughed quietly.

Belle’s face turned all red at the sound of Granny’s question. “Why don’t you just make sure there’s enough foods and drinks for everyone?!” She replied sarcastically as well.

“I’m not sure if my brother would appreciate that you’re changing favorites so quickly,” Emma blurted out, taking Belle’s attention away from Granny.

“I’m not playing favorites!” Belle defended. “I just love kids.”

“The more you need to consider my suggestion,” Granny uttered, lowering her eyeglass. Belle just groaned, not wanting to argue with the older woman. “Are you even trying?” Granny even probed.

“Okay, that’s it,” Belle decided. “I’m not listening to Granny,” she said as she placed the palm of her hands on her ears, covering them as if trying to block the sounds that would come out from Granny’s mouth any moment.

“The five-year old is throwing tantrums,” Regina greeted as she had the sight of Belle on their arrival. Robin Hood was right behind her, smiling as he heard his Queen speak as sassy and as regal as ever.

“Regina,” Emma acknowledged her presence to which Regina just flashed a quick sneer. “We’re glad you came,” she said as she threw a glance on Belle who had put her hands down.

“Did I have a choice?” Regina asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Thank you for this party,” Robin Hood interrupted as he held his hand towards Emma, offering a handshake. Emma gladly took it and nodded.

“How many more baby showers are we having? She’s almost about to give birth,” Granny remarked, yet again.

“Finally, something we could both agree on,” Regina nodded, pursing her lips.

“I really think you should stick to the lasagna, Granny,” Belle stated.

“Well someone starts to sound a lot like me,” Regina mused, smiling on Belle.

“Should I be worried?” A voice sounded as footsteps and a clinking cane approached.

“I wouldn’t. Unless you’ve already taught her how to rip hearts out, Gold,” Regina responded as she turned to look on Granny whose face started to show some grim.

“What kind of husband would I be if I’ll let my wife do such thing, I’ll just do it for her myself,” he joked, maintaining a straight face. And in second, Granny bolted out towards the kitchen.

“Now she’s finally sticking to the lasagna,” Belle noted, throwing her hands in the air as if surrendering. Gold chuckled as he stepped closer to her and placed a kiss on the side of her forehead. Regina just rolled her eyes, always uncomfortable with public display of affection, at least, from others.

“Well, we have a party planned for you!” Belle voiced out as she held Regina’s hands. She has been so fond of Regina when she knew that she was pregnant and her desire to be close to her went stronger when she learned that Regina is bearing a baby girl.

You have,” Emma corrected her making Belle shush in her direction.

Belle dragged Regina to the corner where they’ve arranged gifts of all sizes and wrapped in different colors and designs. All eyes were on her and on her baby bump while Robin just followed right behind her. Regina paused for a while and turned towards her Outlaw as she murmured, “I have a feeling I won’t enjoy this.”