CHAPTER 6 - Just a dream

A/N: Hello again! It's Friday and I hope I could at least, keep updating with this pace. ANYWAY, I would like to thank you guys for the response you're giving on this fic, especially on last chapter. I am overwhelmed by your lovely comments and I hope I could keep you hooked on the story. Although I doubt that I'll give you a heart attack every chapter. lol. And uhm, without further ado, here's the new chapter. This one is so much lighter than the previous one though, I hope you'd enjoy it as well! :)

        o-o

He was half awake when her eyes finally fluttered open. He was startled by the groaning of Regina while she was asleep making him sit upright, wake her up and watch over her precious lady. The very dim light entering their bedroom says it’s still too early to start the day but as Robin felt the uneasiness on Regina, he knows he couldn’t and wouldn’t go back to sleep by then. She wasn’t still talking and he allowed her time to breathe, or pant, and catch her breath. They both know that the baby wouldn’t still be due in two weeks’ time so, that merely added on Robin’s concern.

“Are you okay?” He finally spitted out after few minutes.

Regina just nodded against Robin’s chest but she couldn’t shake the nightmare off her head. It all seemed so real, so vivid.  She clutched her hands so tightly unto the sleeves of Robin’s white shirt and buried her face on her Outlaw’s firm torso as she tried to seek for strength and comfort.

“What is it?” He asked, brushing Regina’s hair off her lovely yet cold-sweating face.

“Just a dream,” she lied, leaning closer to him.

He didn’t feel the need to push the conversation and so he stroke Regina’s hair and hoped she’d still get some more sleep. “Just rest now. I’m just here,” he reassured.

Regina was thankful for it although she knows too well that she wouldn’t get a decent sleep after that nightmare.

                o-o

The ray of sunlight striking through Regina’s face was too bright for her waking eyes, she blinked slowly for couple of times trying to adjust her sight. And in a matter of seconds, she saw the silhouette of a young man whom she was delighted to recognize.

“Hi,” she announced lightly.

Henry looked up from his Gameboy to meet his mother’s eyes and uttered a quick, “Hi mom.”

“What are you doing here?” Regina inquired.

“Robin asked me to watch over you while he’s out.”

“But it’s so early in the morning, don’t you have class?” She responded, yawning.

“First, it’s not that early, it’s already past ten o’clock,” Henry noted as he looked at his wrist watch. “And second, it’s Saturday. You mistaken your son as someone who loves school that much,” he smiled.

“You didn’t have to be that rude,” she commented, her forehead creasing.

“Am I?”

“See? You definitely are,” she joked, now smiling.

“Maybe that’s because I am my mother’s child,” he replied, tugging a contagious curve on his lips. He paused for a moment then added, “It’s funny how I watch over you while you sleep,” Henry grinned.

“What’s so funny about it?” Regina asked, extending her arm towards Henry asking him to come closer.

“Nothing,” he started as he stood upright and walked over Regina’s bedside. “It’s just that, you used to do that to me, all the time.”