Chapter 4 - Immortality

I hated having writer's block. There's so many ideas I want to write about, but right when my pen touches the paper, my mind suddenly goes blank. Like the first time he told me that he loved me. It was like, watching fireworks for the first time. Sudden, bright and beautiful, leaving its sightseers awestruck and speechless.

It's funny how right Pinterest was when they said, "Once you fall in love with a writer or a poet, you'll become immortal" Because the moment his genuinity pierced my heart, I bled with the ink I used to write sonnets and oaths to make him immortal.

It's strange, how my poetry suddenly had a subject. How my words found a home in him, and how all that I've come to know about the universe was defied by his existence.

Closing my journal, I stood up and drank the rest of my coffee before leaving the room. On my way to the kitchen, I found him sleeping on the couch. I laughed, he fell asleep watching anime again. Resting the mug on the counter, I went to kneel by the couch and run my hands on his hair. Moments like these are what makes life gratifying. I leaned in to kiss his forehead and rest mine against his. And in that moment, I got an inspiration to write. Well, that got rid of my writer's block. I moved away to stand and when he suddenly spoke up, "You can't just kiss me and leave. Stay"

"Hmm, I'll stay, if you answer my question, honestly"

"Okay" He mumbled, still half-asleep.

"Are you... gay?"

He didn't look at me, instead he buried his head further on the pillow

"You don't have to be shy. You can tell me"

He still didn't answer.

"It's okay. If you're more interested in guys, then, I'll support you"

He sighed.

"Come on, tell meeeee"
"Tell me"
"Tell me"
"Tell me"
"Are you gay?"
"Whose child are you bearing?"
"Come onnnnn"

He finally sat up and grabbed my shoulders. Staring at me in the eyes before saying,

"You're crazy"

I grinned at him and grabbed on to his arms, "You still love meeee"

He sighed and kissed my head, "Unfortunately. I do"

I smiled and kissed his cheek, before running out. Shouting, "I'm just gonna write for a while, byeee!"

Reaching the door, I heard him faintly say, "She didn't stay"

I laughed and shouted back, "You didn't answer my question!"