Chapter 1

The last of my bags were laying by my feet, not that I had much to bring anyway. I took a last glance around the room I grew up in, everything's the same as it has been for the last 18 years, the walls are still a magnificent coat of violet, which has been my favourite colour since forever. My single bed, positioned in the corner of my room, with a small white bedside table next to it. My built in wardrobe on the right hand wall. I'll miss Florida, but this is a new chance for me. To invent myself.

"WE'RE SETTING OFF IN 10 MINUTES JAME COME ON", my mother shouted from what I guessed was the kitchen. I threw on my favourite white shirt and wore a knee high floral skirt and some white loafers. I know my fashion sense isn't that 'cool' for someone who's 18 and 1/2, but I'm here to study, not attract us wanted attention for dressing like a hooker!

I gathered the last two boxes, threw on my backpack and made my way down to the foyer, where my mother waited, impatient as ever. Many people say I resemble my mother, we both have light green eyes and dark blonde hair, maybe mine is a little lighter. We also share the same lips, one thing I always loved was that my lips weren't small, in fact they were pretty decent!

The car ride to the airport was fairly short, I was going to miss Florida, the beach's, the heat, everything was so familiar and I was fairly nervous to be venturing out into the world, alone, for the first time. "Call and text me every day Jame, if anything goes wrong come home immediately, i don't want you suffering alone, ok?", my mother acted caring, but I know all she wanted was for me to become another version of herself.. 'perfect'. And I do try.. to be like her.. but I'm not, and that's one of the things I was looking forward to, becoming my own person!

"Gate 23 now open"

"Bye mom, love you" I said, tearing up and i engulfed her in a tight hug, she only hugged back together and said "love you baby". Once I was on the plane, excitement overwhelmed me! A fresh start, new friends, new city. New York had always been my dream. A city full of lights, love and the arts. Personally, music has always been something I love, the way it makes me feel is not even describable, it makes me feel as if I can do anything, as if I can be anyone I want.

Once the flights over, I call a taxi to take me to the university. As I wait I cant help but notice all the lights, even though it was 9pm and already dark, they still shined without a care in the world. My heart was swelling with happiness, Dad would've been proud that id finally made it here. I remember he used to tell me to follow my dreams, its a shame he's not here to see me, see me finally living the life I've always wanted.

Eventually the taxi pulls up, and the ride is short. Once I'm standing at the gates, my nerves overcome me once again, I reach into my pocket to find my schedule, and begin to walk into the campus, that is until I walk into something hard. "Ah sugar", I whisper as I reach down to get my schedule, rubbing my head at the same time. "Watch where the fuck your going snowflake", ok now I'm angry, "who the fridge-", I look up and id never bee more stunned. Standing before me was the most attractive man id ever seen. His black hair falls over his eyes, which I can make out to be a greyish-blue, His chisled features look so prominent under the dimmed lights of Columbias campus. His lips are perfect pink and full, he's.. sexy. Not to mention he towers over my 5'7 frame, making me reckon he's around 6'1 or '2.

"Dont talk to me like that asshole", oh my god, did I really call this God an asshole, he's going to hate me, shit shit sh-

"Im the asshole, you walked into me goldy locks", he said with a smirk playing on his face... damn why's he so attractive this would be easier for me if he wasn't so hot!

"Look, its my first day and Im not gonna let a rude, ignorant boy, such as yourself, ruin this for me.. so if you excuse-"

"Hunter... Hunter stark.. see you around goldy locks"

And there I was, like an idiot standing in the middle of the campus, because hunter stark had an impact on me like no one else, and if I had known what was bound to happen from that day on, id do it all again because this story was the reason for who I am today!

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Okkkk, so that's my first chapter, sorry if its not that good, but there will definitely be more, if you liked the story, add it to your library to see the story evolve!

The playlist for this chapter is

Voodoo doll-5SOS

Falling-Harry Styles

Canada-Lauv ft. Alessia Cara

Welcome to New York-Taylor Swift

You found me-The fray