Prologue

*
tw: Suicide

*

I watched as I saw my beautiful wife screaming and yelling, grabbing my shirt and twisting her body to try and surpress the pain.

I spoke soft praises to her as her breathing became heavier by the second, her face in a permanent frown, eyes thightly shut.

She turns to me, desperation in her eyes, piercing through my soul. I stare back in awe about how beautiful she looks, how much I love her, how I would do anything for her.

Then she speaks. "It hurts too much, please, when will it end?"

I tear up and caress her face, telling her everything will be alright, that it'll be over soon.

And technically, I wasn't lying. It indeed was over soon.

Maybe two minutes later, the baby was born.

I was holding it in my arms, crying, cheering, for my beautiful wife had granted me a son.

He had been born in filth, on a clean towel. There was no doctor, no hospital, just us.

Just the two of us trying to deliver a baby we didn't even know we had. It was a miracle, a gift from the ones above.

For we had prayed and begged for years to have a son, and we were granted.

But not without consequences.

My one and only died. While I was celebrating the birth of our baby boy, my wife had died.

I wasn't even able to say goodbye. She left me, just like that.

I was furious at her for leaving me alone, I screamed at her, kicked her lifeless body, spat on her.

But after my rage had died down, I realised it wasn't her fault. It was the baby's.

This useless, disgusting piece of garbage had murdered my only love.

At first I wanted the baby to die, I wanted to see it suffer, be in pain. But I realised that wasn't the solution. I would never be happy alone, I would never get my wife back.

So I did what was best. I went out and walked across town untill I found a bridge.

I sucked in a breath and without one doubt I threw myself off of it.

And as I'm falling down unto my death, I feel tears of joy stream down my face.

Because I will finally feel peace.