The Next Day

It was that time of year again. Ben's birthday.  He woke early and got up, brushed his teeth after eating a bowl of cereal, had a quick shower and got ready. He thought of styling his short brown hair but he decided to leave it as its normal messy look. He wore his usual a pair of jeans, a tank top and beanie. He went to the door rushing as he heard a knock but no one was there. "damn!! To late again!!" He said as he looked about outside the door. He looked down and instead of just a box there was a letter too. he picked them up and bought them inside, shutting the front door behind him not noticing as the girl he seen yesterday peak from behind a tree as he looked down at the box shutting the door. He went to the kitchen table and sat down finally noticing the note from his mother and a cupcake. "Hey dear, happy 18th birthday! I'm sorry i wont be at home all day again today. i promise we can celebrate tomorrow -love mum". He sat the letter to the side of the box. "it looks like mystery person decided to go with music as this years box and headphone design." he smiles as he said this looking down at the headphones inside the painted blue box with music notes. He look over to the letter that sat beside the box and he picked it up. "This person  has never sent me a letter before. I wonder what it says?" As he said this he began to open the envelope but suddenly there was a knock at the door so he sat the letter down and got up and walked to the door. As he opened the door he see's his best friend David. "Hey man! Happy 18th birthday!" David said as he pulled Ben into a hug. "Hey man! thanks!" Ben laughed as David pulled him into the hug. After David let go of him he invited David in. "come on in man." They went inside and sat on the couch talking for a while and Ben had then completely forgot about the letter sitting on the table waiting to be read.