∆ 1 ∆

"and that's the end of the training! thank you, please collect the balls and don't leave the changing rooms all messy please. see you tomorrow!"

jeno passed his hand on his forehead in order to swipe his sweat off while kicking in a soccer ball to collect it as his coach had said.

he then got to the changing rooms with his teammates and had a shower. that's all he needed after three hours of training.

jeno was the leader of the school's soccer team. they had training every day after school, to become better and win the national school's tournament, that his school had never won. he was happy to be in the team, and even better because his teammates had chosen him to be their leader.it was one of his greatest dreams.

"hum, jeno, will you move your ass please?" a cheerful voice said in an impatient tone.

that was jaemin, jeno's best friend since elementary school. they had always spent most of their time together, except their after-school activities. keno had always liked sports and particularly soccer while jaemin preferred dance. jaemin always waited for jeno to finish his trainings before going back home together. jaemin had dance only twice a week, and it ended way earlier than soccer trainings. it was a pleasure for jaemin to look at jeno playing soccer, because according to him, he was really talented. well, it was a pleasure, but it was annoying when he spent half an hour in the shower.

"sorry" a half-naked jeno said, going out of the shower room with wet hair and water dripping on his bare chest. "i was thinking."

"thinking, thinking... how can you do that? i thought you hadn't any brain..." jaemin wasn't even impressed at the sight: jeno and him had already seen each other naked plenty of times, so it's not his bare chest that was going to make jaemin drool, even if jeno's body was honestly something.

jeno hit jaemin on the back of his head. "stop spitting nonsense and go take my clothes in my locker."

jaemin did as he was asked and threw his stuff to his best friend. "dress quickly, my mother asked me to get home early tonight."

"yep, five minutes."

there was a comfortable silence between the two before jaemin broke it to bring up a tense subject.

"so, how about love jen?"

jeno looked at jaemin with dark eyes. "you know very well how i don't like to talk about that."

"i know, but you need someone in your life. either a girl or a boy, but you need someone."

"and how do you know that?"

"because i can feel you're lonely. you weren't like that last year, when you were with- "

"don't mention it. i ended it, and it is better this way." jeno barked.

jaemin flinched at the sudden raise of voice. "you were happy when you were with her."

"well, i am not now."

"you could be, if you had someone in your life. there are plenty of girls, and even boys, who want to date you. there's at least one person you'll appreciate."

"i don't want to date anybody for the moment." jeno said sternly. "you know, you should find your gay self a boyfriend as well."

"i don't need any. i am happier alone, with a bestfriend." jaemin said smiling at his friend.

"how touching." jeno said sarcastically. "i'm done, let's head back home."

and following these words, they left the changing rooms and walked home.