4. 𝔼𝕟𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣

❛❛𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓪𝔀𝓷 𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓲𝓭𝓮𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓸𝓷𝓰𝓦𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓸𝓵𝓲𝓽𝓪𝓻𝔂 𝓹𝓪𝔀𝓷𝓦𝓱𝓸 𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓸𝓷, 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝓲𝓼 𝓰𝓸𝓷𝓮❜❜

𝓦𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓸𝓵𝓲𝓽𝓪𝓻𝔂 𝓹𝓪𝔀𝓷
𝓦𝓱𝓸 𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓸𝓷, 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝓲𝓼 𝓰𝓸𝓷𝓮❜❜

I didn't know how far into the woods that I went but I couldn't feel my feet and my chest burned for me to stop.

All too soon my world tilted as I tripped on a branch, knees and hands scraping against the rocks as I try to stop myself from face planting into the dust.

I felt foolish for running away, there was no logical reason for me to. It was just out of pure fear. And as I got colder and colder, I realized I might just die from hyperthermia before anyone finds me.

I curl up into a tight ball, trying unsuccessfully to keep any amount of warmth that I could get.

"Dorothy?"

"Dot!"

"Wake up! Wake up!"

"Carlisle help her! You have to help her!"

The voices had to be in my mind, I thought as my eyes kept close and i willingly slipped into a blissful dark abyss.

I groan gently at the constant beeping, trying to curl up once again only to feel a sharp pain in my inner elbow.

My eyes shoot open only to shut against the bright fluorescent lights above my laying figure.

"Sweetheart?" A voice croaks out and my blue eyes trail down to the hand laying gently beside my own, slowly making my way up to her face.

Her wild red hair was in a messy bun and there was shadows under her eyes. "Mom?"

I look around frantically, "mom? Where am I?"

"Honey, you had an accident at the Cullens, you tripped outside and hit your head pretty hard."

I look at her fully now before Bella's birthday popped into mind. The cake. The glass. The blood. Jasper as he lunged for Bella. Alice's frantic voice. The cold wind around me as I sprinted through the forest.

"Jasper and Alice just left to go get coffee, you've been out for a couple days now," mom sighs, smoothing my hair out of my face.

As if on cue, the pair walked in gracefully. Alice carried a small bear while Jasper carried two cups of coffee.

I stiffen and look at them with wide eyes, the heart monitor's beeping picking up as my heart did.

"Dotty!" Mother exclaims worriedly.

Suddenly calm washed over me as well as exhaustion, making me slump back onto the hospital bed.

"I'm so sorry, darlin," Jasper whispers softly as Alice sat the bear in my lap carefully.

"It's.... It's fine, it's no one's fault, I'm just super clumsy is all," I lie easily as I mess with the bear's small foot, my gaze locked on it like it's the most fascinating thing in the world. My mom could never find out what I found out. I can barely handle it so how would she of all people handle it? My sweet soft hearted mom that cried after accidentally stepping on my foot, my mom that nursed a bird to health til animal control could arrive, my mom that paints beauty of the world and never anything dark? She can never find out.

𝔖𝔥𝔬𝔯𝔱 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯, 𝔰𝔬𝔯𝔯𝔶 𝔩𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔩𝔶 𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔡𝔢𝔯𝔰,