10. 𝔻𝕠𝕘 𝔻𝕒𝕪𝕤

"Explain everything

"Explain everything. Now." Dot said firmly, looking down at the two that were once her best friends. They were in the vampire couple's room once again, and the human had her gaze firmly planted on the scenery outside knowing she'd lose her courage if she looked into their gold eyes. 

After they had returned, Dorothy made it a goal to research everything about vampires and even went as far as going to a bookstore in La Push for a singular book about them. And she knew she couldn't fight their instincts, humans are drawn naturally to vampires in an unsettling way. Humans have killed for vampires, betrayed their own for vampires. She didn't want to be one of them. 

"We had to go, Dot, our family and yours were at risk. Jasper is still new, he can't control himself as well as us. He needed a break and we didn't know if he was stable enough to be around you," Alice spoke up, voice almost begging and pleading, "But now we've realized us not being here harmed you more than helped and we're sorry for that. We can't protect you from the people after you and Bella if we're not present."

"Jasper isn't the spokesperson of the family, there is what? Seven of you? And not one of the other six could spend two seconds saying goodbye?" Dot snapped, arms wrapping around herself protectively. "And when were you going to tell me you were vampires? And about people supposedly hunting me?"

Despite the multiple questions thrown at her at once, Alice took it all in before visibly growing confused at the last question. "Wasn't there someone in your room? An item gone missing?"

Dot looks at her in pure confusion while shaking her head, "No?"

"Why would they only look for Bella-" Alice cut off with a look of realization, "The Volturi didn't know you existed either-" the small woman started pacing the room now as the other two watched her. "And I couldn't see any of your future unless you're right in front of me-" She stops abruptly in front of Dot, looking at the human like she was the most fascinating creature to exist. "We must talk to Carlisle!"

"Whoa- not before we're done talking! I'm not gonna go poof and disappear like you guys did so your observations can wait," Dot said, a huff leaving her at the immortal ballerina before her.

"We were going to tell you once you graduated," Jasper answered one of the questions finally, "And we were driven by fear that you'd be hurt if we stayed which made us rush to leave, you're human and more fragile so we didn't know what to do in this situation."

"You're telling me that your entire decades of living you've never been friends with a human?" Dot scoffed, blue eyes rolling.

"Well yes we have but never one we love like we do you," Alice murmured, gaze dropping to the floor which was unusual for the woman.

Dot's heart raced as she took in her words.

Love like we do you...

What was Alice admitting to?