𝐢. ) Spencer Monroe

You hissed in pain as Aiden pulled up in Alexandria and rushed to help you out if the car. You knew it was stupid to bring along a bunch of untrained newbies on your run for supplies but Diana insisted that it was their job.

One of the new recruits, as Aiden calls them, got spooked by a walker and pushed you, causing you to fall hard on the concrete floors of a random store.

You open the car door and immediately spot your lover, Spencer Monroe looking for you with worried eyes. He is always trying to talk you out of going out but you shut him down, you love going on runs because it gives you a bit of freedom.

Yes, it is a bit stupid but at times it's easy to feel like a mouse in a cage.

"Y/N!"

The second he calls your name you just want to crawl back into the car and never come out; you were definitely going to get chewed out. Dispite his obvious anger, you try to lighten the mood.

"Hey babe! How was-"

"What happened!?" Spencer doesn't look to you for an answer, instead looks to his brother.

"Nothing, I'm fine."

"A walker grabbed her ankle and she fell pretty hard."

You give Aiden a death glare but he ignores it by simply shrugging you off. "I should go talk to mom."

Spencer wraps his arm around your waist and leads you to your shared house. "Can't believe you keep going out there, it's dangerous Y/N."

"I know, but I'm okay really."

He scoffs loudly, "Really? Alright then." He lets go of you, "Walk to the house."

You being the stubborn one of the relationship just nodded, "Fine."

Although as soon as you moved your feet you were on the ground and Spencer picked you up. "Y/N, this was a close call. You could have really been hurt. I just, I just wish you could switch jobs or something."

"No, no. I like my job, I know it gets a little tough sometimes but I help people Spencer."

"Yeah well what good is that if you die?"

You both go silent for a moment. You felt like a toddler getting yelled by their mother; your eyes stayed glued to the floor as Spencer helped you inside your house.

He led you to the couch and propped your foot up on the coffee table in the living room before going into the kitchen to get a bag of ice.

"I just worry so much about you Y/N." He says, coming back and pressing the bag against your swollen ankle.

"I, I know you do."

"Listen, I wanted to wait 'til I could throw a little something together but..."

You look at your boyfriend confused before he pulls out a little sliver band from his pocket. "I would be delighted," He giggles a little at himself, "If you would make me the happiest man in earth."

You take the ring and happily slide it on your finger, "Yes!" You wrap your arms around his neck and kiss him. "Finally you put a ring on it." You joke lovingly before pecking his lips one more time.

"Please, just be careful out there, and don't do anymore dumb stuff. I can't lose you."

"You won't, I promise."