Part One: The Time of the Pouring Rains

(A/N)

This is my first story on wattpad so please bear with me if stuff goes wrong. Please help me out and stuff by commenting. I'm not very good with paragraph divisions so no one is allowed to murder me over grammar. I am also pretty new to wattpad, so I haven't actually read many stories. If this is somehow the same as someone else's story, I apologise. I had no idea. So......

HOW I GOT THIS IDEA!!!!!!-- Yay! So a random beam came shooting out of outer space and zapped me! Actually, this idea basically fell in my head while brainstorming. This may sound weird, but the rest came to me in a dream.

This is dedicated to a fan.

So here goes nothing...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 By the time it was 11 pm, I was bored out of my mind with waiting. I had gotten home at four, finished my homework by five, and was up in my room by eight. Since then, I had spent the endless hours texting people, going online, reading halfway through a book before tossing it aside, and drawing new designs in my notebooks. I was so desperate I had spent the last ten minutes staring at a wall. I picked up another book and read, fine, flipped through a few pages, then got bored and threw it at the bookshelf. Shifting around on the bed, I snuck a peek at the clock and sighed.

 Fifty minutes left for my 16th birthday.

 I let my gaze drift across the room. My entire room was themed in warm colours. The walls were yellow ochre, the bedframe, closet, room doors, mirror frames, hardwood floors and shelves were all a dark mahogany brown. The bedsheet, pillow cover and and patchwork quilt alternated between a monthy cycle of red, orange, and yellow. Some of my shelves were filled with books, others with random dispaly stuff. One corner was dominated by a shrine to fashion designing. Another shelf in a corner was covered with framed pictures. My gaze vacantly drifted past pictures of me, my dad, and my friends, and came to rest on the the one picture I had of her.

 It was a picture of my mom.

 I looked a lot like her, with my pale skin, loose dark brown curls, and slim build. We both got a slightly elfin look from our peaked ears and small noses. The only thing I needed to complete that resemblance would be forest green eyes, but my eyes were golden-brown. My father didn't have those eyes either. I had no idea where I'd gotten them from.

 According to Dad, Mom died when I was two in a fire. Dad and I were also in it, but we escaped. She wasn't as lucky. After that, we moved to New York City, Queens, and Dad became the successful head of an oil company, which imports oil from Saudi Arabia. I have no idea where I'm from.

 My cell phone rang, startling me out of my reverie. I looked up at the clock. somehow, it was already 12:02. The phone kept ringing, so I picked up. As soon as I did, Eva spoke."Hi Sam, happy birthday!" My full name is Samantha Summers, but almost everyone calls me Sam.

 "Eva," I said, making a resolution to sleep directly after this," You do realize that its past midnight, don't you? Innocent girls aren't supposed to be up now."

 "You're up too," she pointed out.

"Only because you woke me up," I lied, stifling a yawn.

 "Yeah right." I could almost imagine her grinning." I have a suprise for you," she said.

 " Like what?" I asked, secretly curious. "You're giving up meat? I thought you played that trick a few months ago." I stayed on, desperately hoping that she would put the phone down.

 No such luck.

 "Fine, what is it?" I gave in.

 It wouldn't be a secret if I told you, now, would it?" she said, then put the phone down. I let out a noise of frustration, then grinned. Eva Nettles had been my best friend since 4th grade, when she first joined the school. We were polar opposites, but still got along.

 I got up, ready to sleep, when the phone rang again. I yawned and picked it up, looking at the screen. Who would be phoning at this time? Other than my crazy best friend, of course. It was an unfamiliar number. After considering or a moment, I decided to answer. It couldn't hurt, could it? It was unlikely it was a stalker. I picked up. Almost immediately, an unfamiliar voice said,"Hello? Is this Samantha Summers?"

 "Yes," I answered, taking another looks at the calling number. It definitely wasn't anyone I  knew. "Who is it?" I asked. The line crackled, but I still heard the answer.

 "I'm your mother."

 And then the phone went dead.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there's my first chapter. No cover yet, but I have one lined up. This is kind of slow, but the pace will pick up in next or third chapter. Please bear with me until then. I'm going to try to update every week or so. If I do miss a week, then I'll try to do two the next week. In the meanwhile, pls comment and tell me what you think. the chapter ending was kind of lame, but like I told you, I'll get to that. Thanks to all my non-existant readers.