Chapter- 15

Love is selfish enough to make a choice

(Affu)

People say if you're deeply in love with someone, then you could act selfless. But sometimes, its not true. Love can also be selfish to make a choice. A choice which can lead to either happiness or sadness. The only difference is, all you do is to comfort yourself saying you did it because you're in 'Love'.

We Care Hospital

Nandini walked out of Manvik's room to the garden outside using the private door in their room and settled on a bench where a person was already seated.

Nandini: Bhai?

Cabir turned towards her in surprise.

Cabir: Doll, when did you come?

Nandini (sighed): When you were lost somewhere. Is something bothering you?

He turned the other side and nodded in No.

Cabir: Nahi.

Nandini: Then, why didn't you come to comfort me? You always used to be my side whenever I'm upset. Aapne mujhse sorry bhi nahi kaha.

She too looked the other side and he could sense sadness in her voice.

Cabir: Doll..I..I thought..you needed someone in your life. I know you can't think about someone else but I was selfish to only care about you and kids. I didn't want you to feel lonely. Isiliye jab Madhyam ne tumse shadi karne keliye poocha tho m..

Nandini: Jab Manik ne mujhse shadi karne keliye seedhe poocha tho aapne kya kaha tha Bhai? Yaad hai aapko?

He stopped abruptly and looked up to see her staring at him with tears in her eyes.

Nandini: Aapne kaha 'teri hai wo aur hamesha teri hi rahegi, phir mujhse kya poochna'.

He looked away again and this time he too had tears in his eyes.

Nandini: Aur jab Madhyam ne poocha tho aapne bas mujhse milne keliye kaha aur final decision meri hai. Can you relate your answers and have a thought about it?

He stared at her for a while who smiled at him amidst her tears.

Nandini: You trusted my Manik enough to let go off me from you. But Bhai..you broke his trust on you.

She looked at him helplessly and he gulped hard.

Nandini: You said to him that I'll be his always and what did you do? You thought of letting me married to Madhyam if at all I agree. Bharosa nahi hai tho sirf pyar nahi friendship bhi valid nahi hothe, Bhai. And I know, no matter what, Manik still has a place in your heart.

Cabir stood up to wipe his tears.

Cabir: I don't..have any kind of emotions for him..

Nandini: But, he does.

He stood surprised yet didn't show his face to her.

Nandini: He still has a lot of emotions for you that he doesn't even want to hate you.

She walked closer to him and held his arm in a soft grip.

Nandini: Mujhe nahi patha aapko aisa kyu laga ki Harshad aur Manik friends the par ithna zaroor patha hain Bhai, ek baar ek insaan ko ek jagah diya apne dil mein tho dobara wo jagah kisi aur ko de nahi payenge and Manik has his own place in both our hearts. I still won't choose either of you but..don't drag me and my kids in between your fight. Iss baar Nandini tootegi nahi balki khilaf ladegi because its about my kids.