Chapter 1

A/n:(The picture above is Ruby's look for this chapter)

Egypt-2011

Inside a desert Oasis, Ruby Rose O'Connell, raised her gun up slowly as she parted a huge spiderweb curtain as she walked down the darkened tunnel. She checked  every shadow and crack as she slowly walked.  She held the torch she was holding out as she scanned an empty space in a nearby wall before slowly turning around only to yell as she came face to face with her son Alex. Alex screamed as he fell back and landed on the ground.

Ruby quickly put up her gun before holding her hand over her chest to steady her rapidly beating heart. "Alex." She breathed out in relief and surprise as the young boy looked up at his mother and grinned.

"What were you thinking? A mummy come back to life?" He asked her jokingly.

She sighed and smiled as she grabbed her sons hand and pulled him to his feet. "I'll tell you the story sometime. Alex what are you doing up here? I told you to wait for us at the temple." She said sighing,dismayed.

"But mom!" He protested but Ruby stoped him.

"No buts ,it's dangerous down here Alex."

"But I saw your tattoo!" Alex said looking up at his mother excited.

"What?" Ruby asked, confused.

He took the leather strap bracelet off her right wrist, revealing the tattoo of a pyramid with an eye in the middle and two Egyptian kings, one on each side of the pyramid.

"On a wall near the entrance, there's a drawing just like it! With the eye and the two Kings and everything!" He said excitedly, while pointing at the pictures on the tattoo.

"Really?" She asked.

"Yeah." He said nodding with a smile.

"Ok well I'll be up there to take a look at that in a minute." Ruby replied and started turning him around. "I want you to wait for us up there."

"But-" Alex started but Ruby cut him off.

"No. Pick up your stuff, and we will see you back in the temple."

"But-" he started again but Ruby mouthed "go" and pointed her finger in the other direction.

Alex picked up his hat and flashlight and began walking backwards. "And what should I do?" He asked her.

"I don't know, surprise me. Build a better mouse trap." She mumbled out and he replied with an ok before turning around. Ruby turned back and flashed her torch around talking to herself as she continued walking.

"While your mother desecrates another tomb."

********************************

Evelyn "Evie" O'Connell was in one of the other rooms dusting off some Egyptian figures on a wall with a brush when she heard a hissing sound. She quickly turned around and looked for the source of the sound. She looked down to see a Red,white, and black stripped snake slithering close by.