Erotophobia

Introduction:

Erotophobia

e·ro·to·pho·bi·a (-rt-fb-, -rt-)

n.

An abnormal fear of love, especially sexual feelings and their physical expression.

(Source: Wikipedia)

Erotophobia is an irrational and possibly debilitating fear of some object, person or act that is related to sex. This term can also be used in psychological studies to describe a person’s degree of aversion to sex. This fear can prevent a person from enjoying sex, or even having sex at all and in some cases, can also lead to other psychological problems such as social phobia or social anxiety. The fears and anxieties associated with erotophobia can also manifest themselves into actual physical conditions.

Causes of Erotophobia

Every individual is different and has had different life experiences, which is why it’s hard to determine a set cause of erotophobia. But, as with other phobias, it is probably a result of a traumatic event experienced earlier in life. Erotophobia can be a result of witnessing or being a victim of a sexually traumatic event. For example, a person who has been raped might develop erotophobia. This phobia might also be a result of a person’s upbringing and family life.

(Source: allaboutcounseling)

Are you a Erotophobic?