oneshot

"Hinata!" atsumu called

"はい!(yes!) "

the ball was effortlessly tossed into the air and BAM.

"arghhh, I wasn't able to dig that one!" nishinoya said in frustration.

the orange-head and the blonde setter high-fived each other. The taller teen gave hinata a cheeky smirk.

"DO NOT BLUSH" hinata mumbled to himself

atsumu heard what hinata had said and cheekily replied, "hmm? do you not like me smirking at you" , raising his eyebrows.

Hinata looked away quickly and walked off to pick up the balls since that was the last set of the day.

It was around 7pm already. The three members were the only ones left in the gym. Everyone had left one hour ago.

They parted ways with nishinoya since he lived further away.

"see ya tomorrow!"

"yea!" the pair replied.

The stars were sparkling in the night sky. Hinata stared in awe at the bright specks of light in the dark blue sky. Atsumu noticed the shorter teen looking up with his mouth wide open, and started chuckling. Hinata looked over and asked,

"what is it?" and looked at atsumu curiously.

"ah it's nothing... I'm just admiring your cuteness"

this made hinata's heart beat increase rapidly. He didnt expect that from atsumu. It sounded so sincere... Hinata thought what if... no that would never happen to him. it was too unlikely. his childhood friend, liking him? what a joke.

The thing is that the orange-head had a huge crush on the blonde teen. He found out when he was in his 3rd year of middle school that he was definitely in love with his best friend.

how he found out was a bit embarrassing.

they were playing hide and seek with their friends after school at a park. the park was empty when Atsumu, Hinata, Yamashita, Kou and Wataru. there were swings, slides and seesaw. all a bit worn out but still usable. they all picked sticks and Yamashita was the seeker.

"I'm the seeker!"

"count to 30" Kou shouted

"one... two... three..."

the group of friends ran around the park trying to look for a good place to hide. hinata scrambled around the area looking for a hiding spot. the orange-head hid inside the slide, only to find atsumu sitting there.

"eh!!! what are you doing here", said atsumu in a whisper shouting kind of voice.

"I didnt know you were going to be here" whispered hinata.

"argh, it's too late to find new hiding places now. come on. let's go further up the slide."

hinata stumbled and made a noise.

"quietly!" atsumu said in a stern voice.

hinata just quietly followed atsumu up the slide.

they were both sitting side-by-side, shoulders touching. hinata could feel his body temperature rising. he could feel the blood rushing to his cheeks tinting them light pink.

hinata remembered the last time that he felt like this was when he was confessing to his crush back in his 1st year of middle school.

"no way", hinata thought "this cant be happening... do I have a crush on... atsumu?"