第一章|Chapter One - Stupidly Brave

A/N: I drew a picture of Aiko so you guys can have a picture of what she looks like! I hope it turned out okay :3

--

My keys jingle in the lock as I unlock my front door and open it.

"Hey Dad, you home?" I call out as I close the door and lock it, kicking my shoes off.

Well, I guess not . This wasn't really unusual, he usually was still out doing hero work at this time.

I walk past the living room and place the few bags of groceries I'm holding onto the circular kitchen table we always eat at. I take my time putting the groceries away, all except the ingredients I need for ramen, which I was planning on making for dinner.

Lord knows he would forget to eat unless I made it. I chuckle at the thought. Sometimes it seems like he's my kid.

Before I start cooking, I decide to shoot my dad a quick text saying that I got home safe and was cooking ramen for dinner. He's the typical overprotective dad, making sure I always text him when I leave the house and get back. Honestly, it can annoy me sometimes, but I can't help but love him for it. After I send the message, I put my phone down on the table.

"Mrow?"

I look down to see my little black cat Toka staring at me with her adorable big green eyes. I smile and pick her up, holding her in front of my face.

"Hello there cutie, want to help me cook?" She just boops my nose with her paw and starts chewing on the frame of my round glasses. I chuckle. "I'll take that as a yes." I pull up my hoodie and place her on my shoulder inside of the hoodie, where she likes to hang out a lot.

I walk into the kitchen and wash my hands before starting to cook the ramen. "Hmm... Toka, what do you think? Scallions, or toasted nori?" She gives a small 'mrow'. "I guess I'll go with both."

I continue to cook, chopping up scallions and cutting strips of nori. I would add more ingredients, but I've lived the majority of my life in America and don't really know how to use a lot of the ingredients they eat here in Japan. It took me forever to even grasp how to make simple, plain ramen that isn't Maruchan.