III

You wake up in the hospital.
You are connected to so many tubes it looks like Chuck E. cheese.
You expect to not remember anything, but you remember everything.
Your brother is sitting in the chair, and he looks at you as soon as you wake.
"So..." He says with shaky breath.
"F*ck you, Kamar. This wouldn't have happened if you just didn't call me an elephant. I don't even want to see you. Where is the ugly kid. That's who I wanna see. He should go to jail!" You day with such anger you feel like Bella Swan when Jacob imprinted on her half alive fetus.
"Chill, okay? He is actually being questioned by the cops. They wanna charge him on attempted murder even though it was an accident, I think."
"Wait, attempted murder?" You ask very eagerly, kind of sitting up even though it hurts. A lot.
"Yes, attempted murder dumb*ss. Why do you even care? He literally shot you. Maybe you deserved it, you held a damn gun to my head." He crosses his arms.
A frown appears on your face. Why would he say those things? All you want to do, weirdly, is see your ugly neighbor.
"Well, where is he?"
"At the precinct. They can't book him without your claim though, so you just have to say that he shot you. When they came you were unconscious."
"You told them he shot me?"
"Obviously."
You roll your eyes. You kind of like him, even though he shot you.
"It was an accident, though. He didn't mean to, if I remember correctly, he was showing us..gun tricks?"
"Yeah, gun tricks that get people SHOT!" Kamar yells while stomping out of the room. You hear him fart and get so mad about it he slams his head into the wall on his way out.
Hours go by, and you have no visitors until very late at night.
"Hey fatty."
"Oh. Hey." you say, trying to hide the fact you pooped the bed when he walked in because you got too excited.
"Sorry I shot you. My bad. Also your bad for being in the way. But my bad more."
"Yeah.. I guess. So, they're gonna take you to jail for this?"
He shrugs.
"It depends mostly on what you say. If you say it was an accident, they will lessen the sentence. But if you say it wasn't I'll be charged on attempted murder. So yeah."
You look at him for a few seconds. He looks sad and pale, like a dead pig.
"What if...you know what, nevermind." You dismiss the thought you had because of how stupid it sounds outloud.
"No, tell me." He says as he pulls a chair up to the side of your bed.
"What if I said.. It wasn't you? That it was Kamar..He has been really mean to me lately and I-"
"Wait. You'd throw him under the bus for something he didn't even do, for somebody you just met? Just because he's mean?" He tilts his head to the right, like a dog.
"Well, yeah. I hate him. The only thing is he told the cops already that he saw you do it. But i'm the one who got shot, so who do you think they'll believe?"
"You." He says a split second after you finish your question.
"How can you be sure?"
"His name is Kamar.. and he's... well.. you know.."
He flicks his wrist down.
"True." You look at him and he is looking at you, too.
"You have a booger. In your nose." He says with no expression on his face.
"Oh. Okay. Can you look away while I get it? You looking at me picking my nose makes me uncomfortable."
"Yeah, sure, whatever. You act like I haven't seen your blood pouring out of your body before but okay."
He turns away.
"I should go, and you should get ready to tell a big lie that'll put your brother in jail."
"Okay, cool. Bye."
He puts the chair back where he found it, and as he is about to close the door to your room, you spurt out,
"Wait! Uh, what's your name. I mean, you probably took 15 years off my life and I don't know your name."
"Timothée. I shot you and I don't know yours either. What is it?"
"Timothée.." you say under your breath.
"Your name is Timothée too?" he asks, concerned.
"No, no. My name is y/n."
"Cool. See you later Why Enn." He says anf closes the door behind him.
You go to sleep for a big day of lying to put your brother in jail tomorrow.