Chapter 2 ❀ "Let's Duel!" - Part 1

"Let's Duel!"

"Since Dog-man might bite if we ignore feminism, we'll allow Big Sister to go first." The other hooligan that hadn't spoken that much up until now — the one with black hair — said after properly grasping his five cards. You unconsciously gritted your teeth while holding your own five cards and looked at them strategically. You never understood why it was considered as an advantage to go first in a Duel by so many when in your eyes it was only a handicap: One can neither draw a card nor attack on the first turn. But you had to pull yourself together in order not to make either you or your current partner look bad. "I ordered a mocha, not a glass of your unnecessary yapping! My turn!"

Despite your dislike of going first, your hand was actually not half bad. Apart Yugi Muto and Seto Kaiba, there was another, a bit less known Duelist who you admired even more than the two most popular ones, and that individual used warrior-type cards in most of his Duels. That was why you ended up building your own Deck with the same type of monsters. It was what you liked to call your Noble Knights Deck, and you were quite proud of it. After all, you had collected cards to perfect it for years.

Your current hand consisted of Noble Knight Brothers, Noble Knight Drystan, Noble Knight Borz, Gwenhwyar, Queen of Noble Arms and Glory of the Noble Knights, all cards being ones with great effects you knew how to exploit to the fullest. What you had to consider before making any moves inside your mind was the fact that you had absolutely no idea what kind of deck your opponent was going to use, and you could say the same exact thing about your tag team partner. Flooding your field with monsters sounded like a good start, so you decided to go with that option. "I'll start by summoning Noble Knight Brothers in attack position!"

"In case you didn't know, when this card is Normal Summoned, I can Special Summon up to two Noble Knight monsters from my hand. Don't take my word for it and see for yourself as I summon Noble Knight Drystan and Noble Knight Borz, both in attack mode!" You called out, slapping both of the mentioned cards on your Duel Disk. You had two cards left in your hand, and given how you didn't know what kind of monsters your opponents were going to use against you, you figured it was best to play it safe for now and entrust equipping your warrior-type monsters to your partner, or at least a big part of that process. "I play Gwenhwyar, Queen of Noble Arms' special ability from my hand!"

"When there's a Noble Knight monster on my field, I can equip this card to it from my hand. That monster will gain 300 Attack Points. The monster I choose to give this boost to is Noble Knight Borz!" Once again slapping the card with the feminine image printed on it on your Duel Disk — this time in the Spell and Trap zone — you watched as your knight's attack points rose all the way up to 2000. "And it doesn't end there! Now that Noble Knight Borz is equipped with a Noble Arms card, I can activate its special ability!"

"I can reveal three Noble Arms cards from my deck and you will randomly select one which I will then get to add to my hand. The other two will get sent to our Graveyard." You explained, pointing your index finger at the delinquent with red hair as you chose him to play the important role in activating your monster's effect. You searched your deck for the three equip spells you had in mind and showed them to your opponent, not even bothering to turn them around in order for him to pick 'randomly'. "Since the cards I'm showing you are three copies of Noble Arms - Gallatin, it won't matter which one you decide to choose, so I'll just do your job for you. Kind, aren't I?"

You discarded two of the same cards to your Graveyard just like your monster's effect required you to and added the last one to your hand. There was nothing more to do on your own, so you put the last two cards that you had been holding face-down in your Spell and Trap zone and concluded your turn. "I throw down two face-downs and end my turn."

"Ya summoned three monsters in one turn?! Yer goin' all out, ain't cha? Guess I'll have ta gear up too!" The waiter in the dog costume blurted out, and you couldn't help but grin at how genuinely excited the male seemed to be at your first move. Of course, your opponents had to interrupt your short-lived moment of glory. "Gear up with all you want, Dog-man, but it's my turn now! I draw!"

"I activate Wonder Balloons! Once per turn I can discard as many cards from my hand to the Graveyard as I want. For each card that I discard, this card gains a Balloon counter and for each of those, all monsters on your side of the field lose 300 Attack Points!" The red-haired guy with the pierced ears announced, placing his Continuous Spell card on the field and for everyone to see. "I think I'll be discarding two cards, do you know what that means? All your fancy knights lose 600 Attack Points!"

"One of the cards I just sent to the grave happens to be Skull-Mark Ladybug whose effect activates when it's sent to the Graveyard! Wanna know what it does? It raises our Life Points by 1000!" The delinquent laughed hysterically, probably thinking that he had done something no one else had ever managed to pull off. His 5000 Life Points were by no means intimidating and neither was the fact that all your monsters had lost some of their power. Still you sighed, and the reason behind your gesture was that you were no longer certain you could take the two out in just two turns. "Now that the stage is set, I summon to the field Bazoo the Soul-Eater!"

"And that's not all! I activate the Spell, Double Summon which allows me to conduct another Normal Summoning in addition to the one I just made. So come forth, Needle Sunfish!" The hooligan called out from the top of his lungs as a sorry-looking water creature emerged to the stage next to the already ugly, purple monkey. "Did you think I was done here? Guess again! I activate my Bazoo's special ability!"

"Once per turn, I can banish up to three monsters from my Graveyard and this card will gain 300 Attack Points for each! So I'll go ahead and remove from play both monsters in my grave!" Again, your enemy seemed so overjoyed at how good he believed he was at this, it only made your urge to break it to him grow with every laugh he let his unsightly lips escape. "So what? Your purple monkey's got 2200 Attack Points. Do you think you're scary now?"

"Let's see if your monsters share your same opinion, Big Sister! My Needle Sunfish will attack your Noble Knight Borz!" The red-head called out, pointing at the attack target, the targeted monster currently having 100 Attack Points less than the monster doing the attacking. The Brooklyn boy in the Shiba Inu get-up sure seemed to be worried given that he called out a "Watch out!" but you certainly weren't. "Nice try, but I think you'll have to try again."

"You see, when my Borz attacks or is attacked while it's equipped with Gwenhwyar, I can destroy Gwenhwyar and your attacking monster at the start of the Damage Step. Say goodbye to your fish, loser!" Just like you had said you would, Gwenhwyar, Queen of Noble Arms was sent to the Graveyard along with your opponent's Needle Sunfish while your Noble Knight Borz' destruction was avoided and no damage inflicted. "Lucky break, lady, but by destroying my Sunfish, I can target one of your monsters and make it lose 500 Attack Points!"

"And I think I'll go with that puny Noble Knight Brothers card!" The male on the other side of the field exclaimed, laughing in satisfaction the moment your already weakened monster's Attack Points dropped to a mere 100. "You should be careful of what you wish for because now I'm gonna attack that weak Noble Knight Brothers card with my Bazoo!"

----------------------------------------------------

My note to you:
This is my first time describing a Duel, so I hope it's bearable?? Also, I understand if some of you think it's boring — after all, I'm guessing you're reading this for the Joey x Reader action and not my preferred decks. xD

Thank You for Reading!