Ch 1

(Zazzalils POV)

"Fuck!" I ran across the wet road to reach 'Trunkells'. The place where my best friend Keeri had recently got a job at.

Ding! I reached into the pocket of my jacket and grabbed my phone.

Keeri-> are you almost here?

Zazz-> yeah, where do you want me to sit

Keeri-> when you walk in go and sit in the corner to your right, i'm working in that section today

Zazz-> okay i'll see you there

I grabbed my wavy brown hair and examined how damp it had become in just a few seconds. I didn't intend on having a shower today but I can't drive yet so I have to walk everywhere or take public transport but I ruled out the latter in light of the odd experience I had on the bus last week.

I gazed up to see the neon sign which read '𝕋𝕣𝕦𝕟𝕜𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕤'. Finally, I had reached the diner. I ran my hand through my hair and took a right, taking a seat inside a booth in the corner.

Zazz-> i'm seated btw

Keeri-> okay i won't be long 😉

I squinted my eyes at that text. 'What was the need for that emoji' I questioned to myself. I quickly forgot the text and started scrolling through instagram. Ducker had recently gone on vacation to Australia and had posted countless pictures of Kangaroos and whatever else he could find on his travels. I double tapped the photos as a perky voice spoke to me.

"Hi welcome to Trunkells, what can I get you?"

I noticed that the smile on the girls face seemed forced but cute. I understood what she was going through. Working in a coffee shop in my teen years meant that I would have to fake a smile to every single customer. It didn't matter if they were rude or tolerable. You had to be nice.

"I'm sorry" I started "But do you know where Keeri is? She works here and-"

"Yes i know who she is" the girl laughed nervously "But she's busy at the moment. Anyway are you going to order?"

I couldn't help but notice how deeply this mysterious girls eyes stared me down. "Okay, just a strawberry milkshake please"

"One strawberry milkshake coming right up!" The girl smiled and turned her back on me as she walked towards the kitchens.

I couldn't help myself. The girl was wearing black skinny jeans which accentuated her ass. I stared at it until it was out of sight.