○Chapter 1○

▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎¤▪︎

(Izuku's Bedroom ----->)

Izuku

The sun's warmth lays across my face, and my eyes slowly pry open. Rubbing an eye awake, I stretch and yawn. Slipping on my sandals, I make my way out of my small bedroom and head towards the bathroom. After checking the water with my hand to see if it's warm enough, I hop into the shower and scrub harshly at my messy green curls.

"Morning Midoriya," A voice groggily chirps before the humming of an electric toothbrush is heard.

"Morning Todoroki. How'd you sleep?" I hummed, pouring a generous amount of shampoo onto my hand.

"Couldn't. That neighbor of ours had some customers over again," Todoroki groaned as I peeked at him from behind the curtain. His hair was disheveled and he had bags under his usually lively eyes.

"That sucks man. I'm so sorry to hear about that," I apologized, partially because this was my fault. When we first moved in, I chose which room I wanted first. But I didn't know it was the only part of the apartment where you couldn't hear anybody.

"It's fine. I can't wait for us to get our raise so we can move out of this dump," I just smiled and nodded my head, knowing very well that the both of us loved this apartment and its great location close to work, restaurants, clubs, and other great places.

"Don't you mean if we get our raise? This wouldn't be the first time they passed you up for another promotion," We both sighed in frustration at my comment. Today another promotion was being handed out. And if Todoroki didn't get it, this would be the sixth time he got passed up.

"Think positive Midoriya! Or else I might just get wasted right now," This got the both of us to chuckle, and I shut off the shower, wrapping a towel around my waist.

"Good luck Shoto," Todoroki smiled at me when I called him by his first name. It was sort of a ritual of ours since we both had immigrant parents who moved to the U.S. long ago. When one of us did this, its purpose was to lift our spirits and bring good fortune.

"Thanks, Midoriya. Now go get dressed," I hurriedly ran into my room to get ready for work.

"I'm hurrying! Just hold on one second! Wait up!" I hollered, bustling around my room for my clothes when I slammed my hip into my dresser. Wincing in pain, I picked up a photograph that fell off and examined it closely. It was an old one. Around when I first came to America with my mother, and we had just moved to California. A beautiful navy blue home sat behind us, and we were sitting before the camera, smiling, happy as can be. One of my favorite memories.

"Mom! Mom! Wait up!" I ran through the crowd of people, eager to see the Golden Gate Bridge along with my mother.

"Izuku! Look!" My mother gingerly picked me up, and I saw it. The beautiful Golden Gate Bridge.

"Mommy! It's almost as beautiful as you!" I exclaimed, making a few passersby smile.

"Oh Izuku, what did I do to get such a wonderful son?" My mother hugged me tight, nuzzling her nose into the crook of my neck.