•Part One⚜

Context
This will be a very, very long chapter. Let me know if you enjoy my writing and if you really want to see more of it! ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°
In another timeline- Sasuke does end up leaving the village, but Naruto fulfills his mission during their first battle and brings Sasuke home. Sasuke's hate at the time was not strong enough to surpass his unspoken crush on Naruto, so instead he finds power in his friends. Happily living in Konoha, he defeats Itachi all the same, giving him the death he always wanted.

Sasuke still ignores Sakura's love, all the while trying to earn Naruto's. Naruto, oblivious and in love with Sakura, is more than surprised when his lifelong best friend, leaned in for a kiss.

Naruto's face heated up with embarrassment as Sasuke kissed him. He stood paralyzed until Sasuke pulled away.

Sasuke looked into Naruto's eyes, realizing he'd made a mistake. He frantically looked around at the floor, his face a deep red. "I'm sorry, N-Naruto- I shouldn't have--"

Sasuke was silenced as Naruto covered his mouth awkwardly and quickly. "Shh.. Look, this is a lot and so sudden, ya know?" He searched Sasuke's eyes, trying to figure out his intentions.

Sasuke gently pulled Naruto's hand away from his mouth, "You're not.. Upset, though?" He asked, confused.

Naruto frowned, "No.. Why would I be upset? After all you're just.. confessing your feelings." He said honestly. "If you really feel that way then.. It's not fair of me to be upset with you.." He recalled Sakura's.. Painful brute force reactions to Naruto's earlier confessions, he could still feel the bump on his head.

Sasuke studied Naruto's depressed expression. Was this the worst time he could've picked to confess? "Well.. Even after what just happened.. We're still, friends, right?" He asked nervously, feeling like he blew it.

Naruto seemed to lighten up, a small smile creeping up on his face. He soon gave a light chuckle, then a hearty smile and threw up his fist in a thumbs up. "Of course Sasuke!"

Sasuke smiled, his blush returning with fierce intensity. "Thanks, Naruto."

A few days later, team 7 had been deployed on an A ranked mission to guard a caravan holding important information. After three days of battling the enemy team 7 returned to Konoha safely and with a completed mission.

Naruto had invited everyone to a well earned hot springs celebration, Lord Jiraiyah's treat, of course.

At the hot springs, Naruto was bearing a scolding from Jiraiyah about lending out his money without his consent, although he was happy to treat them regardless.

Sasuke was already in the spring, the first of the four men to join. Kakashi was second, stepping in and finding a nice spot to relax just across from Sasuke. They shared a pleasant conversation before Jiraiyah and Naruto came out in their towels.

For the first time, Naruto seemed reluctant to jump into the hot springs. He was embarrassed, being naked in front of Sasuke.

Kakashi was none the wiser of the situation. "Hey! Naruto." He called, "C'mon hop in. Don't be shy we're all practically family here!" He chuckled.

Jiraiyah dropped his towel and sunk into the water near the border wall between the men and woman's spring. He was uninterested in the current conversation, completely tuned out.