Beautiful

J U G H E A D

The next day, Jughead was back at school. His friends helped him around, showed him where things where, again.
When they left him in his own, he got lost. He couldn't find his classroom and instead stumbled into the newspaper room.

There was some girl sitting at her desk, with her head in her hands, sobbing.
"Oh, a-are you okay?" He asked. She looked up at him then sighed and looked back down.

" I'm really not in the mood today, Jughead. Please just leave me alone, please" she cried, holding her head in her hands and sighing.

Jughead walked over to her, "I'm really sorry. I just, are you Betty?" He asked, Betty looked up at him like he was dumb, then realization hit her.

" Oh, shit. I forgot, sorry. You don't even remember me and I was... " she trailed off, then stood up. "I think, you should stay away from me, Jughead. Really, you wouldn't even want to talk to me unless it was to insult me, and I--"

"What?" He laughed like it was a joke, "What are you talking about" Betty sighed in frustration and sat back down, rubbing her eyes, then looking back at him.

"I just don't think you would really want anything to do with me if you were actually you, so just please just..." Betty sighed, and Jughead continued.
"I'm sorry if I had done anything to you... But are you okay? Why were you crying?" He asked concerned , she didn't answer, "Betty, you can tell me, if you need to- o-or don't, you don't have to talk about it " he said, she laughed a bit.

"I'm fine. Seriously though, Jughead your friends will go insane if they find you talking to me in like a nice way" Jughead sat down in the chair beside her and placed a hand on hers.

"I really couldn't care less about what my friends think" he said. She sighed and looked away. "Betty, you must really hate me, but you can tell me what's wrong if you need to" Bettys lip began to quiver, Jughead noticed and moved closer.

"I'm-I'm fine Jughead, really" she said, letting out an accidental sob, Jughead gave her a look, telling her she didn't have to lie. "I just don't think you would really care, if I told you about my problems" she shrugged and looked down, sniffling.

" Betty, your not fine, I can tell" he said, putting a hand on her shoulder, she looked up at him, her eyes sparkling from tears forming, she fell into his chest and started sobbing. Jughead rubbed her back and told her she would be okay.

After a minute, Betty sat up and rubbed her eyes, "I'm so sorry, you don't even know me and I..." Betty sighed, Jughead kept his hand on her back.
"It's okay Betty" he said with a sad smile. She nodded slightly and pulled a piece of hair behind her ear. "Do you- Do you wanna tell me what happened? " he asked.

"Uh, m-my older sister, just-just, passed away. And I just... I really miss her" she said, her lip quivering while looking down, Jughead rubbed her back.
"Oh Betty, I'm so sorry" he sighed, she wiped away a tear that fell from her eye and avoided eye contact with him.

"Um, thank you Jughead, but seriously, if your friends find you talking to me, they will be pissed" Betty tried telling him, but he didn't move.
"Seriously Betty, I'd rather be with a girl I just met than my so called friends" he said, she giggled a bit and looked up into his eyes, her eyes sparkled from the tears, his smile faded.

They sat like that for a while, looking back at each other. Jughead wanted to lean in and kiss her lips, but he didn't know her, and he didn't want to scare her away.
But soon he found that he couldn't resist her, and leaned in slowly, pressing his lips to hers.

She didn't pull away which surprised him, she even kissed back. But when they did pull apart, Bettys cheeks flushed and she looked away.

"Sorry" she mumbled, Jughead put a hand on her cheek and turned her head to kiss him again. She kissed back, and he smiled against her lips.

When they pulled back this time, Bettys eyes shot to a group of angry serpents standing at the door. She stood up and backed into a corner, as far as she could get from them.

"What the hell?!" Sweet pea yelled at her, Jughead stood up, facing him. " What are you doing with this whore?! " he yelled, Jughead didn't like how he was talking about her like that.

"Don't call her that" he warned. Sweet pea backed down, but Fangs didn't, "Dude, what are you doing here? Your supposed to be in class" Fangs had no problem with Betty, she was Kevins best friend.

"I got lost" he shrugged like it was nothing. Sweet pea scoffed and shot Betty a glare.
"Yeah right. This slut was just tryna--" Jughead didn't let Sweet pea finish.

"I told you not to fucking call her that, Sweet pea. Just fuck off" Jughead said. Sweet pea scoffed but walked away, a few other serpents following him, except Fangs.

"I don't mean to rush you guys, but we do have to get to class" he said politely, looking at Betty then back to Jughead, who sighed.
"Yeah, okay. Just a second Fangs" he mumbled, Fangs nodded and waited for Jughead in the hallway.

"I'm really sorry about them. He's such an asshole" Jughead groaned, Betty stood up from the wall and ran a hand threw her ponytail.

"No, he's right. Y-you should go to class" she said, not meeting his gaze. He nodded,
"Okay, I'll see you round then?" He asked, she nodded.

He walked to the door and met Fangs in the hallway.
"What is his problem with her?" Jughead asked annoyed. Fangs looked back to see if Betty was listening.

" Well, boss. Your the one who had a problem with her" Jughead looked over at his friend, "Yeah, you told us how much of a bitch you thought she was, and how much you hated her, you kinda got him to hate her, you could say"

" What? But she's so sweet and nice and... Beautiful... Why would I say that? " Fangs shrugged and showed Jughead the way to class.