01

Lauren

I watched her from a distance as she quickly typed away at her laptop. Her shirt was unbuttoned and I could see the lace on her bra. A soft groan fell from her lips.

"Trouble in paradise?" I husked, stolling over to her. The light from the window hit her abdomen so perfectly, I thought as I brought my hands over her shoulders and started to bite at her ear.

"It's never trouble when I'm with you," She whispered to me.

I hummed, "I really do love you,"

She continued typing for a few more seconds and shut the lid to her computer. She grabbed my waist and kissed my lips softly.

"I'm done working for today,"

I smirked and brought my hands to her cheeks, staring her right in her golden eyes.

"You're not done working quite yet, baby,"

....

One week earlier

The kitchen was a complete mess. That most likely meant that Sarah never made it over to watch over the place like I'd asked but it also meant Kaden left for his trip two days early.

"Fucking unreliable," I muttered to myself as I set my luggage on the tile that hadn't been swept for three days. I grabbed my cellphone from my back pocket and searched for Kaden's contact.

It went straight to voicemail.

"Hey, this is Kaden. If you need me, text or wait to call later. If it's urgent, call my offices and have them transfer me to you. Thanks!"

Fucking useless. His phone was off.

I muttered a chain of curse words as I walked around the house. No sign of my cat anywhere. I made a mental note to have Sarah keep an eye out for her.

I just got back from a weekend trip with my best friends. I was supposed to be greeted by my lovely husband before he went on his own trip, but of course, he left early.

It wasn't unusual for him to back out of the plans he made with me. He did it on our honeymoon, too. Nothing really surprised me about him anymore.

When I got to our bedroom, I closed the door and undressed out of my travel clothes. I threw them into the hamper and began digging through my drawers. No regular jeans or shorts. The only pair of pants left were sweatpants and leather leggings. I wasn't going to be caught wearing sweatpants in the office.

....

Talia

"Hey, Amanda. Transfer me over to Photography's intercom, please,"

"Yep, give me one second Lee. I have a woman down here claiming she owns the company,"

I smirked to myself as I waited to be transferred over. Hotwire got at least ten people a day who swore they were the boss or that they knew him personally. Honestly it was quite funny.