05

Talia

Lauren squeezed my hand and sent me reassuring smiles as I sat and waited for her to finish her meeting with Mr. Peters.

"You can't take any of my money, I filed for prenuptial," Lauren said when Mr. Peters' lawyer read off his terms.

"Fine, fuck the money but I get the house,"

"I didn't want the house anyway, I planned on getting a new place with Lee," Lauren said, smiling over at me, "Plus, it's not completely paid off yet, so good luck trying to pay anything on it,"

His lawyer crossed one leg over the other and folded his hands together.

"Listen, Mrs. Peters,"

Lauren cut him off, "It's Jauregui,"

"Okay, Ms. Jauregui," The man cleared his throat, "What are you going to gain by keeping everything and giving David nothing?"

"I'm not fucking stupid. I know you're going to try to sell the house and cars. I'm taking every property but the house. Everything is in my name, I have all the money. I'm not paying alimony, if you even try to take me for it I'm taking you and your little girlfriend for fraud,"

"Her name is Jasmine," Mr. Peters growled.

"Fuck Jasmine then,"

....

Lauren

Waking up in her arms felt like the best thing in the world. I could smell her perfume on the collar of her shirt. It was sort of boyish, yet feminine. I liked it.

"Lee," I whispered, positioning us so that her head was on my lap, "Wake up honey,"

Talia groaned and tried to flip over, but my knee was in the way.

Deciding that she wasn't going to get up without extra help, I started to pepper her face with short kisses.

First, in between her eyebrows. Then on her nose and both of her cheeks. When I reached her lips, I paused for a moment. A little kiss wouldn't hurt.

I leaned forward and quickly pressed my lips to hers. They were soft and tasted like strawberry Chapstick. Before I knew it, her hand was on the back of my neck and she was kissing me back.

"I didn't know you were awake," I mumbled inbetween kisses.

"I wasn't, but am now," She told me, pulling away from the kiss, "Plus, we need to get ready for work anyway. I have a lot to do today,"

Talia stood up and stretched, her shirt riding up on her stomach. Damn.

"See something you like?"

I bit my lip and walked over to wrap my arms around her waist.

"Yes, give me twenty minutes and I'll show you how much I like it,"

Talia only laughed and threw her head back on my shoulder, exposing her neck to me. I kissed her skin softly.

"Baby, we have to get ready,"