Chapter 1 • The Runway

Ruby swiftly flung her hair over her shoulder, looking at the crowd, and slowly ran her hands down her legs. Everybodies eyes were on her, as she slowly straightened herself back out, and continued to strut back down the runway.

The chains around her neck clattered against eachother as she finished her strut. Stepping off the runway and hurrying to her mirror, Ruby began ripping off her outfit, only to replace it with another, labor intensive, tight, and overly-revealing dress on.

"Ruby, what's your time!" The runway manager asked.

"Two minutes!" Ruby yelled back at the manager.

Putting on her heels and head piece, she made it in line just in time for her next strut.

As she stepped up onto the runway once again, she heard clattering behind stage, fighting the urge to look back, she continues walking down the runway, pausing, and-

People all around her gasp, and Ruby shakes her head in shock. She breaks her character just in time to turn around. The crowd screams, trying to get out as soon as possible and they trample each other. Ruby turns around to see people on the runway- covered in blood, dirty, pale, and coming right after her. Ruby jumps off the runway and makes a break for it, running for the long way to backstage.

She can hear them moaning, and although she wishes she could go faster, her stilettos were handicapping her. Eventually, they get too close for comfort, and she rips off her heels and runs for it. She swings open the backstage door and slams it, locking the deadbolt. She looks around to see if anyone was there. She ran to her mirror. Covered in magazine clippings of her- "Goddes Aphrodite hits the runway!" They say, "Aphrodite sending stunning looks, and shade at Kim K?"

She takes off her dress and puts on her normal clothes, just a plain black crop top, pair of joggers and sneakers. She grabs her drink and her bag and hears screaming from the crowd. She starts to shake as she runs out the back door, sprinting towards her car.
___________________________________

With tears streaming down her face and panic in her stomach, Ruby speeds down the road, along with hundreds of other cars, all trying to flee the city, but she was trying to go home. Making a right turn, another car smashes into Ruby, sending her, and her car rolling off of the road and into a road-side ditch.

As the car that hit Ruby drives off in a hurry, Ruby sits, upside down, confused and dazed. Her sight is blurry and her head hurts. Ruby starts to see black spots, and as she tries to unbuckle herself, she faints.
____________________________________

Ruby wakes up scared and confused. Her head was throbbing, It felt full and hot. Everything looked odd to her, like it was upside down, even the dirty, grotesque looking woman slapping her car window. Ruby gasps and starts to put the pieces together. The tears well up again, and the fear starts to shine through. She unbuckled her seatbelts, sending her down with a sickening crack of her neck. At first, she thought she had broken it, but other than the pain caused by the fall, she didn't think it was broken. She quickly scurries to her back seat looking for anything she could use to defend herself. She slid open the hatch to the trunk and pulled out a crow bar.

"Okay... this will have to do." She said to herself. Ruby grabbed her bag, her water bottle, and her keys and crawled through the stattered window. Glass punctured her skin and she cried out, sucking her spit in her mouth and groaning, she continued. When she stood up, the woman beating on her window was right there, and had noticed her. Ruby's eyes went wide as she backed away from the woman, crowbar in hand.

"Step back!" Ruby said. "I'll hit you with this... I will!" The woman didn't even blink. Ruby lifted the crowbar above her head and swung at the womans face. The woman didn't react, and kept at Ruby.

"Oh my god... oh my god... oh my- fuck!" She swung again, hitting the woman in the side of the head. The woman fell to the ground, but started to stand again when Ruby hit her in the same spot again. Blood seeped out of the womans head as she began to stand again, and again Ruby hit her. The woman became quiet and fell to the ground dead. Ruby covered her mouth as tears flowed out of her eyes. "I'm so sorry... oh fuck..." she said, covering her mouth with her empty hand.

Ruby looked around her to see other cars, abandoned or crashed, and a few more of those... things bashing at other cars. She fixed her bag on her shoulder and began to jog to her apartment.
____________________________________

Hi guys! I hope you liked the first chapter because it was alot of fun working on it. I'm sorry that this chapter was so short, I was just trying to focus on making it good.

Also, for clarification: Her name is Ruby, but the press call her Aphrodite because of her extreme beauty and sex appeal.

-Julia 04-09-20