Chapter 2: Bunker 4

"Why us?"

They had all returned from the supply run, carrying backpacks full of supplies, clothes and blankets. Anything that could help them, they picked up. Leah, Chanel and Zach were still holding off zombies as everyone made their way to bunker 4. Back when they were still in high school, slaving through the day at the mercy of the teachers, everyone in the Covid-19 designed one. Everyone chose a spot somewhere in the country, wherever they wanted. Then, they started building.

The bunkers were hidden underground, and only the 19 children could access them. How did they get the money, you ask? Well, it's the Covid-19. Nobody knows. They weren't just known for being the most diverse group in the high school, but also the most mysterious.

But really, nobody could believe that these people were okay with one another, let alone friends. In the group there were rebels, gamers, jocks, the 'freaks' of the school, the teachers favourite, the girly-girls and nerds, and those were only a few of them.

But now they had all split up. Everyone in a group of 5, of course, there being one exception, a group of 4.

None of them realised it, but the next day was going to be...eventful. For what none of them remembered, except one, is that the following day was going to mark 6 months.

They had all made it back to the bunker safely and everyone went to their respective rooms. The rooms weren't that large, something that you would expect from an underground bunker. The rooms were miniature, hammocks being their only beds. The rest of the room was empty; not that there could be much to fit in it anyway, for there was only enough space for the bed, a few people, maybe 3, and backpack slots.

There were around 21 rooms, all of which weren't large, but enough to make it feel like warm and comfy; the feeling you would get from making yourself a nice cup of hot chocolate in winter, snuggling up and watching Netflix. 19 of those rooms being bedrooms, each one with its own colour scheme to describe the owner.

Not one room was the same. Leah's room was black, white and grey. Chanel's room was dark blue and aqua, like a sapphire people would say. Zach's room was light blue, like the sky's and the clouds above, but his room was also littered by batteries and gaming devices, all stashed away before the apocalypse started.

Yatharth's room was a more neutral colour, to match his personality. A mature coloured room for a mature kid. And finally, James' room was a dark red and purple, weird decals stuck all over his walls in a panicked frenzy. Everyone ridiculed him, of course, but he always defended himself with a simple "Its called art."

All 5 of them split off into their rooms after placing all the food and supplies on the kitchen counter; which, again, was small, but enough. "Blankets, canned food, beef jerky, dried fruit..Batteries. Where are the batteries?" Leah muttered, counting up all the supplies.

She continued to look through bags, including her own. She found a few stray granola bars, and well...A bottle. A bottle she had taken on their most recent supply run. "CHANEL!" Leah called, smiling as she remembered why she grabbed the bottle in the first place.

"What's up?" Chanel called as she walked into the room, only to stop in her tracks at the sight of a bottle in her best friends grasp. "Why the hell do you have a bottle of alcohol with you...?"

Leah shook her head, placing the bottle full of alcohol on the kitchen counter. "Just, go tell everyone to get their butts in here right now?" Chanel crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow, silently questioning the other girl. "Okay...?" She said before turning around. "OI IDIOTS GET OUT OF YOUR ROOMS BEFORE ME AND LEAH BREAK YOUR DOORS DOWN!"

Everyone slowly started emerging out of their rooms. "What?" Zach snapped, looking highly annoyed. May I also note, the theme song music stopped. "Gosh, no need for the attitude, small child." Chanel retorted, scoffing. And yes, Zach is shorter than most of the people in our small group, although he hates to admit it. 

"Okay, that's great and all, but I'm kinda busy." James muttered, running a hand through his hair. Surprising really, was the fact that none of them noticed the bottle of alcohol within their friend's grasp. Leah blinked a few times before a grin took over the frown previously on her lips. "Lets get drunk." She stated bluntly, raising the bottle for the rest to see. The room went silent.

"Uh, no."