Their Happy Ending 5

Chapter 5

Gulf does not remember how he was able to clean himself up in the bathroom or how he was able to change to his pajamas. He doesn't even recall the moment he left the bathroom or the time he reach his assigned bedroom.

He saw Mew sitting on his bed, waiting for him. Now he remembers everything. He felt his eyes burning, with tears threatening to fall again. He knows Mew sees his teary eyes as the latter's face suddenly looks so sad.

"Nong Gulf-----"

He quickly shoo his head. "Stay there. I can't think properly when you're near." He knows he was already blushing with that confession but he needs to think straight.

Mew's almond shape eyes looked at his pain. "Gulf----"

"I like you."

Mew froze; his jaw clenching so hard Gulf was suddenly afraid Mew would break them. He blinked hard to stop his tears from falling. He doesn't want to look pitiful in front of the older man.

"You don't have to feel bad about it. I know you don't feel the same way. I'm not blind, Phi. I know it's just lust. I get it."

Mew laugh sarcastically and he felt thousand of needles pricking his heart.

"Do you really get it, Nong Gulf?"

He stares at his feet. Why did Mew have to be so mean sometimes?

"You didn't force me. I'm not a jailbait. Stop feeling guilty. I know I'm younger than you, but I'm not that young. And..... and you don't have to worry about it. Let's go back to normal and forget it."

When Mew clenched his jaw, he can't help but to feel that it's impossible for them to go back to normal. Maybe Mew already wants to end their two-week trial right at this very moment. Maybe Mew pities him so much that why he agreed to that stupid agreement. He was really pathetic.

He was trembling as he embraced himself. "Okay. I....."

"You're right, let's just forget about it." Mew's voice sounded so stern.

He looked up at the older man ; his eyes still stinging with tears. Mew's face look so hard, it was obvious he doesn't mean it what he just say. Gulf was just happy that Mew was not cutting him off. He was being pathetic and desperate but he did not care. He liked him that much.

"Okay." His voice quivered despite his efforts.

Mew deeply sighed. The older man gently pulled him toward his bed. He doesn't have the energy yet to protest. The latter raised the comforter so he can slide in. He lay in bed as Mew sat beside him.

"I'll wait till you fall asleep." Mew murmured. Only the small lampshade is their source of light inside the room.

He turn to his left to face Mew. He stared at the handsome man. With the dim light, Mew's shadow looks even more prominent. The frail light crested haunting shadows across his chiseled features. It accentuated the angles of his face and the strange intensity of his almond shape eyes.

He closed his eyes and tried yo forget all the emotions that was drowning him.

"Tell me about your travels." He said. He just wanted to hear Mew's voice as long as he can.

Mew hold his hand and he felt as if the latter was having a hard time talking.

Mew told him about his missionary travels to different parts of Thailand with his mother when he was younger. Then, he told him of his missionary travels abroad when he got older.