Chapter 5

A month had passed since the dinner party incident. Yoongi hadn't seen Jimin as much because he had picked up some other modeling jobs outside of Spectrum magazine. The rational part of Yoongi's brain told him that it wasn't a big deal because obviously Jimin would have other modeling gigs, since being a part of the Spectrum modeling agency didn't only include photoshoots at Spectrum, but there was still that little part of him that told Yoongi that Jimin was purposefully avoiding him by taking on these other jobs.

Ugh, stop being ridiculous.

So, Yoongi was surprised when he walked into work for a shoot and Jimin was waiting in the lobby. As soon as Yoongi and Jimin made eye contact, Jimin's face lit up as he hopped out of his chair. "Hey! Surprise!" he said.

"Oh, hey Jimin. I didn't know you were in today's shoot," Yoongi replied, still trying to get over the slight shock of seeing Jimin again after a month of brooding with very little contact between the two. Jimin giggled as he walked over to Yoongi.

"Well yeah, that's why I said 'surprise', dumbass," he said with a playful smile. Yoongi rolled his eyes, but there was no real annoyance behind it. Yoongi kept walking in the direction of the dressing room, and Jimin followed close behind, taking a few brisk strides to catch up with Yoongi. 

"Soooooooo... are you excited for today's shoot? It's gonna be historical shit," Jimin said.

"Yeah I know," Yoongi replied, feeling tense. Yoongi noticed that Jimin could feel his tension, so Yoongi plastered on a fake smile and said, "I'm super excited. Historical fashion is my favorite." Jimin seemed to be satisfied with this answer and hummed in agreement. 

"Ooh, Yoongi! Do you think you could give me the 90s look? It's my favorite decade," Jimin asked, a persuasive cutesy tone entering his voice, like a child trying to convince their parent to buy them a new toy. Of course, Yoongi was weak to Jimin and would do anything he asked. 

"Sure, I should be able to do that. I don't think we assigned decades to the models yet so that should work," Yoongi said, pushing open the door to the dressing room. Before he could open the door all the way, however, he felt Jimin's hand around his wrist. 

"Hey, is everything alright?" Jimin looked at Yoongi with sincere concern, and suddenly Yoongi felt guilty for not being able to tell Jimin what the problem was. The wave of guilt coupled with the warmth of Jimin's hand around his wrist made Yoongi's brain short circuit and he was silent for a moment. "Yoongi?" Jimin asked after a few seconds of not getting an answer. Yoongi snapped back to reality out of his swirling thoughts and forced out an answer, the lie feeling heavy on his tongue.

"Yeah, everything is fine, I just haven't been getting that much sleep recently. You know, getting back into bad sleeping habits, haha." Jimin looked at Yoongi with suspicion. He could tell that Jimin didn't believe him. 

"Okay, just try and start going to bed earlier, okay?" Jimin said, however. Yoongi nodded and Jimin let go of his wrist to open the door to the dressing room himself. Yoongi let out a sigh of relief at Jimin's lack of questioning and walked in the dressing room behind Jimin.

Jimin immediately ran over to the clothing rack, where various clothing items were sorted by type, decade, and color. He parted the hangers to get a closer look at an item that Yoongi assumed had caught his eye. 

There were two other stylists already there, and Yoongi was a little embarassed to be the last stylist to arrive yet again. The makeup artists were also there, including Hoseok, who gave both Jimin and Yoongi a warm greeting. Six of the ten models that would be at the shoot today (including Jimin) were there as well. It seemed like the models were already in the process of being styled, so Yoongi assumed that the decades each model got were first-come-first-serve. Yoongi turned to one of the other two stylists and asked if this was the situation, to which the other stylist confirmed that yes, the styles were first-come-first-serve, and pointed to a piece of paper on the wall opposite of them. Yoongi walked over to the piece of paper and found it had a list of all the decades over the last century and a list of all the models that would be working today. Five of the decades had been crossed off, and five of the models' names had a number indicating their decade next to their names. The 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s had all been taken, leaving the 1910s, 20s, 30s, 90s, 2000s. Yoongi smiled seeing that the 90s hadn't been taken yet.