Chapter 11 - Thunder

Quack.

Hope you like. I love you!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I decided to drop the subject and pretend I didn't care. But underneath I was filled with confusion. In the car did he not just say I was beautiful and he cared about me? Zayn saw I was confused and slung his arm around me. Harry tensed. Why? If he was so tense about Zayn being friendly why had he not held my hand? 

"You okay?" whispered Zayn as we approached the steps. I just nodded and shrugged, not looking him in the eye. As we walked inside the building we got a few looks and a few gasps, but the boys didn't seem to notice. Me; I went bright red. I wasn't used to every eye in the house being on me. Well... being on the boys. 

"Do you want a drink?" asked Liam. Him, Niall, Louis , Harry and Mel were going to get them. 

"Urm, yeah. I'll have a tea please." I smiled. Trying to catch Harry's gaze but he was obviously too interested in a pink plastic cup. Liam nodded and told Louis my order. As I walked away I heard him reply "That's my girl." I turned and winked at him before sauntering to the toilets. 

As I came out of the loos a random man held onto my arm. 

"Excuse me, let go please." I said calmly, he probably mistook me for someone else. 

"You're coming with me." his rough voice bellowed. I started panicking, I tried to pull away but his grip was too tight. I saw Zayn walk out of the men's toilets. 

"ZAYN! HELP!" I screamed, trying to unhook the man's dirty finger nails from my arms. 

"Whaa..?" He stuttered, turning around too look at my panicked face. He ran to me, both trying to unhook the man's grip. But he was still too strong. I saw Liam walk past the entrance to the toilets. 

"LIAM! LIAM! SOMEONES GOT ME!" I screamed, my voice breaking. Liam's head whipped around, Niall following. They handed their cups to Mel and sprinted down the hallway. 

"What the hell man! Get off her!" Niall shouted. Punching the man in the head. Liam kneed him in the stomach and the man stumbled back, he let go of my arm and stumbled out of the services. I watched his sillouette fade from my sight and I suddenly fell on Zayn. His big biceps holding most of my body weight. 

"Charlie, just breath it's fine now." whispered Liam, holding my hand helping me balance. 

"Thank you. That psycho would have raped me or something if you weren't here." I said, regaining my balance. 

We walked out of the toilets, Zayn's arm wrapped tightly around my waist. "You can let go now." I smiled. "No. I don't want you to fall and hurt yourself." He whispered back. I rolled my eyes. As we were about to turn the corner to where the rest of the boys were waiting, Zayn stopped and hid me into the corner. 

"What?" I asked, searching his face for a clue as to why he had such a serious expression. 

"Why were you sad when we walked in?" he asked. I sighed. "You can see right through me can't you?" I smiled. 

"Yep. But only you, usually it's Liam who can tell when something's wrong. For some reason I find you really easy to read." He replied.  

"Alright Edward Cullen." I sniggered "Shut up. What's up?" He asked.  

"I went to hold Harry's hand but he pulled it away." I whispered feeling stupid for being so girly about it. 

"You're not stupid." Zayn replied. "How did you know that's how I felt?!" I asked, shocked.