people making NHS posters for the windows with rainbows

CORONAVIRUS: RAINBOW POSTERS FROM AROUND THE COUNTRY SHOW HOW CHILDREN PAY TRIBUTE TO NHS WORKERS
Children and young people across the UK are showing solidarity with NHS workers

During the coronavirus pandemic, the rainbow has become a symbol of support for people wanting to show solidarity with NHS workers on the front line.

The trend was reportedly started by a nurse who wanted to create "a sign of hope" for patients and staff in hospitals across the country.

The nurse told the BBC she had "organised a small team" to assist her in coordinating the artwork so that it could be posted to the new Nightingale hospital in east London, and other temporary hospitals once they had been set up.

However, an NHS spokesperson later asked people not to send pictures to Nightingale Hospital, referencing "a fake" Facebook which it said was not linked to the nurse's appeal.

Instead, health officials asked for all artwork to be shared digitally using the hashtag #RainbowsForNightingale.

Since then, parents and children have been displaying their art on windows, doors and roads.

I've got mine done. I've done a poster for key workers too. It's a good thing to do if you're bored at home.

peace out and stay safe 🤙
~careflower
209 words