[JackBarakat] I Want To Ask You To Marry Me - Raininthesunshine

The time was passing by slowly, each second ticking by as if it didn’t want to. But I wanted it to, I needed it to.

I never thought that he would say yes to the offer; that he would ever even consider leaving after what just happened.

It was cowardly, the worst thing that he could have done. Nothing was fixed in the end, and nothing was said.

He assumed that I knew that when he left it meant that we were over, and I did. But part of me didn’t want to accept it; I didn’t want to tell myself that it was over.

So, I didn’t.

The little things kept me busy, not leaving me any time to constantly check my phone for a text message or call.

When people would ask about him, I would shrug and tell them that we didn’t discuss when he was coming back. We didn’t discuss anything at all.

Nothing ever was said, so it didn’t actually end. Though, I'm positive that in his mind it did, that he believed that he was free to do whatever he wants with whoever he wants.

I didn’t know what to say to him, and my friends told me that I shouldn’t say anything to him. They said that what happened between us could have been prevented by him, but he didn’t prevent it.

He didn’t even try to prevent it. One of my friends thinks that he didn’t do anything on purpose, that he wanted things to play out the way they did.

But, he loved me, and I loved him. We were in love. That’s what he said, anyway. The more I think about it, the less I believe it.

If he loved me then he wouldn’t have brought upon this fight. If he loved me then he wouldn’t have left without talking about it. If he loved me then he wouldn’t have gone this long without talking to me.

A day didn’t pass by that didn’t include me being in tears, and not a day passed by that I didn’t wonder about him.

It was like he never left, because he was always on my mind.

&&.

I didn’t expect it, and I wasn’t sure of how to deal with it. I didn’t know who to be angry with: my friends or him.

The party would have never been an option on how to spend my Saturday night if I knew that he was going to be there, with his band members who meant more to him than I ever did.

Flashes of memories, the look of pure disgust on his face and the tone of his voice, only led me to regret this more and more.

He told me that he hated how I was so geeky, how I was so hyper all the time that he always had to calm me down, but I wasn’t as hyper as he was and I couldn’t help that I was a little geeky at times.

He said that I wasn’t funny, and all the times he laughed at something I said were just his way of being nice to me.

I told him that I didn’t need him to pretend to be nice to me and that it also wasn’t funny how immature and small his brain was.

It was odd, seeing him so close, not having to look at old pictures, or try to remember how he looked, because now he was less than twenty feet away from me.

He hadn't seen me yet, and I wanted to keep it that way. There was no need to dwell on this anymore, and I realized that as girls began to crowd around him and his friends.

They may have been there because of his friend, but it didn’t matter, because they were flirting and he was flirting back.

Though, this was a friend’s party, a friend of mine and not a friend of his. If anyone should feel the need to leave, it should be him.