Chapter 1 "I'm (not) fine."

"Hey Cassidy, you feelin' all right?" Vanessa asked sarcastically, in attempt to mock me. It was quite clear to her that I wasn't feeling all right, but that wasn't going to change my answer.
"I'm fine." I said quietly, which caused her and her two friends by her side to giggle, as if amused by the reply.
I forgot the names of her two friends, but it's not like it mattered to me. I despised them anyways, so knowing their names wouldn't change my opinion on them. I wanted to viscously punch the three girls surrounding me, particularly Vanessa, but I swore to myself that I wouldn't stoop down to their level.

I watched Vanessa glance up and down the school hallway. She was likely making sure that no one else was around. After she had confirmed that no one was coming, she did the unexpected.

She punched me. Hard.

I fell to the ground as the three erupted into obnoxious laughter. I placed a hand over my right eye where Vanessa had struck, and held back tears. Through much concentration, I channeled my pain into anger. I was sick of them. I wanted to punch her. Hell, I was going to punch her. She deserved it.

I slowly arose to my feet while they continued to double over, laughing hysterically at my pain. I balled my fists, and swung my right hand at Vanessa. With one quick, and powerful punch, she was on the ground with blood dripping out of her nose. A bit of her brunette colored hair was stained crimson with blood.
"You stupid bitch!" I yelled, now incapable of controlling my anger.
I continued to kick at her stomach as she gasped for air. Her friends stopped laughing almost instantaneously, and screamed. They both ran off yelling for help while I physically let out uncontrollable anger.

Within moments, the principal came running to the scene, and pulled me away from her. The nurse arrived shortly after. Students began peering out of the various doors throughout the hallway to see what was going on while teachers yelled at them from behind to sit back down. I knew that rumors were about to set in, further decreasing my popularity.

Vanessa was escorted down to the nurse's office. After examination, they concluded that she was not in need of any serious medical attention, but she did have her parents contacted. She gave some fake sob story as to how she was brutally attacked, and her two idiotic friends testified in her defense...

I had no idea how I could possibly defend myself, considering that it was three against one.
Things looked very bleak for me...