•Zenitsu x Reader•

Fluff
•Modern/School AU•

•Reader POV•
Its a new day and a new school...again. Ughh why does dad have to travel so much. I've had to move 5 times this past year! But luckily he said that this placement for his line of work was permanent so we wont have to move again. 

I woke up a little earlier so I could look decent for my first day at a new school. After lugging myself out of bed I headed to the shower. While I was in there I kept thinking about what this school would be like. If the other students were nice or if they were the opposite.

I'd been to so many schools that I'd met all types of students. Nice, bitchy, fuck boys, whores. You name it I'd met them. Because I'd moved so often I never got the chance to make friends so I always just kept to myself, never knowing if we were gonna move again the next week.

I got out of the shower and I got changed into the uniform. I did my hair and I grabbed what I might need for the day. I headed out the door and decided to walk and enjoy the good weather. I could feel the sun blazing down and the warmth of it against my skin. The birds sang to their hearts content and the light breeze made the cherry blossom on the trees float. I had forgotten what it was like to just take a peaceful walk through the quiet streets.

I finally made it to school and headed to the office to collect my schedule for the year before setting off to start the day.

•3rd Person POV•
Y/n walked along the path enjoying the peace. She reached the entrance to the school and took a deep breath. She continued towards the entrance doors of the building all students thought was a living hell. Y/n didn't mind school m, if she was honest she actually kind of enjoyed it. She'd always enjoyed learning new things.

She made her way to the office through crowds of people going about their merry way not paying attention to anything or anyone but their friends. She wasn't quite sure which way she was supposed to turn and looked around for someone who looked approachable to ask for directions. She notices a girl with long brown and orange hair standing with two males. They looked as if they were her age so she chose to ask them.

"Umm...excuse me?"

The female turned around and y/n was thankful that she showed her a smile before asking if she was okay. "My name's Nezuko, anything I can help you with?"

"Actually yeah...I'm new and I was wondering if you could give me directions to the office?"

"Of course!" The girl gave her some directions and told her that she would meet her there at lunch so they could sit together.

On y/n's way to the office she heard shouting. She rounded to corner to find a blonde male on the floor and another male, who was standing defensively in front of a girl.

"How dare you come after someone elses girl! Just who the fuck do you think you are? If I EVER catch you so much as looking at her again I'll snap your neck in two." The male walked off. Without another word with his arm loosely hung around his presumed girlfriends waist.

Y/n rushed to the side of the blonde before asking if he was okay. The male stared up at her with big wide eyes that shone like the stars in the sky. She had to admit he was pretty cute.

"THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO KILL ME YOU NEED TO PROTECT ME, I didn't know she had a boyfriend...AHHH what am I gonna do hes gonna try and kill me! You have to get me to Tanjiro and Inosuke. PLEASE!!!" The boy pleaded. He cried gripping the edge of her skirt like a child crying to their parent.

"Oh o-okay. Where are they? I can take you there as soon as I grab my schedule." She timidly replied, not expecting him to react in the way he did.

"THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!"

They walked to the office and on the way back the boy decided to introduce himself. "I'm Zenitsu by the way. I've not seen you before...are you new?"

"Yep first day today. But I hope we can be friends, the stories you told me sound like you and your friends are really close."

•A Few Months Later•
Y/n, Nezuko, Tanjiro, Inosuke and Zenitsu had all become really good friends. Y/n and Zenitsu had become incredibly close. After the incident on y/n's first day, Zenitsu had calmed down when it came to flirting woth girls and they would spend the majority of their time together. They would go for walks and picnics, shopping and a bunch of other stuff.

Zenitsu had grown feelings for the girl and vice versa. He had decided that today he was going to ask y/n to be his girlfriend. He had set up a blanket and pillow fort back at his house and y/n was supposed to be staying over for the night.

When they got to Zenitsu's house he led her straight upstairs and set up a film that they would both like before tackling her on to the mass of pillows, blankets and cushions. Y/n couldn't contain her laughter which caused the electric blonde to join in. It was only when they calmed down that they realised how they were positioned. Zenitsu was underneath the h/c girl while she had her legs on either side of his waist. Her hands were holding her up my his head and their faces were quite close to one anothers. Zenitsu stared up at the girl and into her bright e/c eyes. Y/n doing the same.

They both leaned in, their lips connecting. Zenitsu felt a shock go through his entire body while y/n had a massive blush spreading across her face. They pulled away slowly opening their eyes as they did.

"Be mine...please y/n. I know I have a bit of a reputation when it comes to this kind of thing but I mean it with you. So will you be mine?"

"I would love to you big goof." She engulfed him into a bear hug and refused to let go. Her grip only loosened when she dozed off as they watched the movie playing through the laptop.