2. Married to my Boss - Vegas Showgirl

2013

A couple of days after my parent's funeral I'm in my room packing everything up as my brother's want to sell the house. I pack all my necessities into the suitcase and carry it downstairs.

My brother, Finn, is standing next to the front door and he has his arms crossed. Leaning down he whispers in my ear. "If it wasn't for you, Rylee. Mom and Dad would still be alive. I wish it was you that died and not them."

It's not the first time he's told me this since they were murdered. I wish it was me and not them as well.

He continues to say. "I'm going after that boyfriend of yours and he's going to get payback from me. If you're still around here when I return I'll make sure you suffer to the point where you..." he cuts himself off and chuckles. "Oh, you get the point, Ry. If I haven't made myself clear I will now. I don't and will never have a sister named Rylee Hudson. You're dead to me."

Nick slaps Finn across the back of the head. "How can you fucken talk to her like that? This isn't her fault. She didn't put the knife in his hand."

"She might as well have. That guy knew our parents were rich and he probably just needed something to sell quickly to feed his drug habit. You know our sister was into drugs and all that shit before Mom and Dad were killed. They called me a couple of days before to have a word with her, but I was too busy with other things."

Chuck pulls me into his side and whispers. "Don't listen to him."

Tears begin to fall down my face. "Why not? He's telling the truth. I should be dead and our parents should be standing where I am. It's a good thing I'm leaving for school in a couple of hours." Looking at the brother I was closest to I add. "At least then you won't have to see my face, Finn."

Finn doesn't say anything to me. He just opens the door to the house and walks out. Making sure that it slams when it closes again.

Nick looks at the wall. "Grandma and Grandpa will be here soon to see you off. I'll put everything you own into storage and when you return we'll help you move into your new place."

Hugging him I say. "Thanks, Nick."

"You're welcome." He grabs my two suitcases and carries them outside to my black SUV and puts them in the back.

I follow him out with a box that holds my apple laptop and a few other things. Placing them in the back with my suitcases. I lock the car door before walking back into the house.

Looking around my parent's mansion I make sure that I have everything that I need for when I move to Vegas.

A car horn beeps and I walk over to the window. There's a black BMW in the driveway and Grandpa steps out. He rounds the car and opens the door for Grandma.

Shivelry isn't dead for them.

Stepping outside I greet my Grandparents and they hug me.

Grandma looks me over and then says. "Have you been eating much since your parents passed away?"

"Not, too much," I admit. "Eating has been the last thing on my mind."

She pulls me into her arms again. "I don't think you should be moving the Vegas. Stay with us."

"I can't, Grandma. I'm going away for school like my parents wanted me to. When I get to campus I'll call you." I kiss them both before climbing into the car. Backing out of the driveway I head towards Vegas.

 Backing out of the driveway I head towards Vegas