Confession

When Law had told Zoro they were going to an auction, she wasn't expecting it to be a slave auction. Her grip on his arm tightened as her other hand rested on the grip of one of her swords.

"Stay calm." Law ordered as they took their seats in the back.

"What the hell kind of place is this?" Zoro asked, her grip on Law's arm was now a threat.

"I said to calm down. I'm observing. I've heard some things about today." Law replied. "Now stop drawing attention to us." Zoro glared at him but turned her attention to the front of the room.

It wasn't pretty. Zoro had to watch as person after person were auctioned off as objects. She grew angrier, and angrier. Law put a hand on her shoulder to try to calm her down, as she was grinding her teeth audibly.

The straw that broke the camel's back was when Camie the mermaid was rolled onto stage. Camie, sweet Camie, who did nothing wrong. Camie, who despite being the subject of all of Sanji's attention, would still send Zoro shy smiles. Camie, who pushed her leftovers onto Zoro's plate, despite Zoro actively ignoring her.

She was captured, and here Zoro was off trying to make her best friend jealous.

The absolute fear in Camie's eyes snapped Zoro into action. She was out of her seat and climbing over the audience in an instant, despite Law's protests.

As she jumped on stage and sliced through the globe of water Camie was trapped it, it simultaneously shattered from the other side. The straw hat pirates had arrived and Sanji had just delivered a blow to the water tank as well.

Her eyes caught Sanji's, and she flashed a smile at him. The cook was looking over her shoulder, however. Law and Bepo had followed her onto the stage, eyeing the straw-hat group as well.

"These must be your crewmates, eh, Zoro-ya?" Law asked, casually resting his elbow on her shoulder, though his other hand held his sword, ready. He eyed the straw-hat pirates curiously.

"More mysterious friends of yours, Zoro?" Sanji asked, frowning.

"That's Trafalgar Law... I think his bounty is over 200 million." Robin warned, looking tense as well. "He's one of the Worst Generation, one of the Supernova..."

Law grinned at his introduction.

Zoro's head snapped to look up at Law. She had no idea what kind of guy Law was, and she hadn't imagined he would be so infamous.

"What are you doing with this kind of guy, Zoro-bro?" Franky asked, also nervous.

"She asked our Captain out on a date!" Bepo provided, gripping his hands together. All the straw-hat pirates looked at Zoro in confusion, except Sanji. Sanji's face revealed something else. There was anger... but there was hurt. Betrayal. Sadness.

That wasn't supposed to happen.

Zoro was supposed to feel better. She got him back, didn't she? She had found a handsome man to talk to just like all the women Sanji fawned over.

But instead... she felt guilt. She felt ashamed. She felt sick.

"Zoro. Explain." Luffy stated, also watching Law carefully.

Seeing their faces, it was like everything was clicking into place.

She was receiving mysterious letters. She had run off on her own. She was meeting rival pirates. She was hiding secrets from them.

They had been trusting her up until this point. But it was all spilling over. Everything was becoming a big mess.

Zoro immediately pulled away from Law and dropped down on her knees in front of her Captain and bowed, her head touching the ground, prostrating herself.