Prologue

They say there's at least one report of a woman joining the Revolutionary War, disguised as a man...

What if a woman were to join the war, and not lie about her gender? I could be that woman...

But how? I can already travel back to the time of the revolution, but how can I become a soldier? How do I get in without being fake?

............

Lafayette. When he first arrived in America, he didn't know much English. That means he would need a teacher and interpreter....

Looks like I have my way in. My first goal will be to find Lafayette, and offer my services as an English teacher. Ha.

I guess I'd better go sign up for some French classes, then.

Half a school year later...

I'm ready. I can pick up on a few more sentences when I get there. Is this a mistake? Won't I change history?

Probably.

But I think I'm willing to take that risk. I want to do this. I want to see the revolution for myself. It's not like my PTSD can get any worse. There have been worse worlds I've been to.

........hm.

To avoid changing my own world's history, I think I'll go to an alternate universe. That will definitely mess up the time-space continuum, but at least that universe is not my own.

"Be careful, will you?"

Don't worry, sister. We both know I can't die if I'm not in my own world.

"I know, but you can get seriously injured. This idea poses a higher risk than nearly any world you've previously been to. The likeliness of something happening is-"

Can we not go full nerd while I'm trying to sound mysterious?

"Oh my god. Just go. Don't get yourself killed. Don't mess with the timeline too much."

I haven't done either yet.

"It's honestly a miracle that you're not dead."

I know. I'll see you later, my sister.

"Stay safe."

You know that's near impossible.

"Then please, just... Stay alive."