XXVII

Kenzie Hope

"Hey, it's me," Jordan said as he knocked on the door. I checked myself in the mirror once again, making sure that I looked perfect.

I was wearing a plain burgundy wrap-around satin dress. It was spaghetti sleeved, showing off my newly toned arms. The dress went down to my feet but a slit ran up to just above my knee, giving enough skin to keep things interesting. It was paired with tan gladiator heels that traveled up to my knees. I wore simple jewelry, a rose gold necklace and matching earrings.

Once I opened up the door, I revealed Jordan, who was dressed in black jeans, a white shirt and a black coat. His entire aura said, "don't fuck with me."

He extended his hand toward me and I took it, interlacing our arms together. At that exact moment, Jake emerged from the room next to me. His eyes flashed a lighter color as he mindlinked someone. He glanced at me, his eyes with large eye bags and red stains for eyes.

Jordan insisted on waiting for them, but after last night's events, I wanted nothing but to hide myself from embarrassment. It was because of me that they didn't get any sleep.

Jake knocked on Lily's door softly. She emerged with makeup covering her still obvious sleep deprived eyes. Her bloodshot eyes glanced softly at me.

"How is the Luna?" She asked as she placed a delicate hand on my shoulder. I nodded curtly before allowing Jordan to lead me off. The rest of the pack slowly trickled out of their rooms and followed us.

We began the trek to the pack house. I had wanted to spend as much time as I possibly could with the pack before I made any real decisions. I suppose that technically the decision had been made, I would become the Moon Rise Alpha before the week was up, but I didn't to decide what to do about the Kaden situation.

My mind danced around, playing with different scenarios. Would another pack near Kaden be willing to trade for land in Russia? Would a pack here want land in the U.S.? Would I be able to split my time between the two without going crazy? Why did the Moon Goddess do this?

I was rambling with my thoughts when the door to the dining hall was opened by two fancily dressed guards. The people dropped their head uniformly, greeting their to-be Alpha. After a moment, I stopped them by saying, "That is enough."

Their heads rose and not long after I was swarmed by people. They all stood at a good distance away, but they circled me like puppies. Jordan cleared his throat, silently telling them all that more respect needs to be shown. They, then, lined up, one by one to greet me.

The first lady was a petite woman with long blonde hair and striking green eyes. Her voice cracked as she spoke to me and her fingers twiddled.

"Alpha Hope, what is the plan?" She asked quietly, her head shifting from side to side. I don't know why she bothered whispering, we were all werewolves and could hear her just fine. My brows furrowed in confusion. 'Maxwell,' she mouthed to me.

I sighed before telling her honestly, "There is no plan... yet."

That seemed to satisfy here and most of the wolves as all but a few scattered off. What was left were a few random assorted wolves who still wanted my attention.

A wolf approached me, his knees wobbled against his cane. His bald head gleamed against the bright lights of the room. He trotted up and down towards me until he was directly in front of me. His trembling hands reached out for mine and I gave them to him with a smile. Jordan coughed at the man, silently telling him to let me go, but the man did not listen.

"Is it really you?" He asked before he was taken over by a fit of coughs. His body bent forward, almost falling on his face. I held onto his body, trying to keep him upright, and patted his back.