Welcome To Junior Year, Kids

Chapter 1

The first day of junior year should be... a blast? Considering what happened this summer, I kind of don't want to be at school today. You don't know what happened, but you will soon. First of all, I don't think I'll be getting called my old sophomore nicknames anymore. I can't wait to see what people call me this year.

I texted some my best friends in our group conversation asking them if I should go to school or see if they would think everyone would know how much of a pussy I am for not wanting to be there today. It went a little like this.

Me: "Hey, guys can I ask you something?"

Mike: "If it's about if you should go to school today, I say; do it. Don't just be all chicken shit. Face your fears, you're my bitch and bitch, do what I say in this situation. You're finally a junior, we all are now. Grow up."

Me: "How the hell did you- I'm not even going to ask... Ryan? Brian? Zack? Marie? What do you guys think? Mike has already pointed out what I'm asking you all... for some reason he already knew."

Marie: "So what if you did what you did? You were tired of the sophomore Heather you were last year, so you did something about it, but I'm with Mike. Face your fears and let's all meet at Brian's locker today after lunch. I've got to go hit the books anyway, I'll see you guys later!

Zack: "Just go, Heather. We all want to see you and we'll be there for you when everyone calls you that new junior name we've all been waiting for."

Me: "Thanks for the support, Zack... but is it really that easy to face?"

Brian: "You guys are being silly. Heather, just go. I've got to go finish the work on my car, I'll see you all at my locker after lunch. Heather, if I don't see you by at least fifth period before lunch, I'm going to literally go to your house, get you dressed and drag you there myself. Got it? Okay, bye guys!"

Ryan: "OH MY GOD JUST GO ALREADY! WE ALL KNOW WHAT YOU DID, JUST FACE IT ALREADY, GOD DAMN IT! DO YOU WANT ME TO COME OVER THERE AND GET YOU? BECAUSE I WILL, HEATHER. I AM NOT AFRAID TO."

Me: "So I'm going to school... bye guys!"

Ryan: "EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT. BYE BITCH."

I got dressed, put my phone in my pocket and headed to school in my new car my dad got me for my birthday this summer.

I've got to admit, I'm afraid that one of those idiots is going to come here and make me go.

I couldn't face that or the embarrassment of it all so I decided to go to school and face the embarrassment.

*************

I arrived at school, walked into the main office, got my schedule and started heading to my class and as I was almost there, I saw people pointing, laughing... and whispering at me. All I could say in my head right now was "Fuck! Welcome to junior year for me...."

Before I could do anything, one of my best friends ran up to me and tackled me right to the floor.

"RYAN WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" I yelled at him as I tried to get up and ignore the humiliation of being tackled to the floor. He does this to me on purpose and I know it. "Sorry, man! I was just stopping you from doing anything you might say or do to cause you more embarrassment. You weren't going to do or say anything... were you?"

"Well yes to prove a point, but-"

"But nothing, Heather! That is exactly why I stopped you!"

"So you did do that on purpose?!"

"Of course I did!" He said with a smile and his fists pumped in the air. "I live to humiliate your sorry ass!" He said sarcastically with an evil chuckle even though I knew he actually meant it.