Chapter four

I had just got out of the shower when Allison walked in my room. I forgot to grab a towel so she stood there staring at my naked body. She was blushing madly and trying to look away as I stood there smugly.

“Couldn’t bother knocking?” I asked while putting my hand on my hip.

“Couldn’t bother using a towel?” she countered.

“I like to air dry. Why does it bother you?” I asked smugly.

“Yes, actually it does.”

“Really? That’s not what you said last night.”

“Wait… what the hell are you talking about?”

I looked at her and she looked at me like she really didn’t remember what happened between us last night. “You really don’t remember?” I asked kind of scared of her answer.

She looked at me and shyly said, “I remember something from last night but it didn’t have to do with you.” She averted my eyes and walked to my closet grabbed a robe and threw it at me. “Come sit down we need to talk.”

I stood there for a second not knowing what to do but eventually I sat down next to her. She looked scared, scratch that she kind of looked terrified. “Allie what’s wrong?” I asked.

“Claire. I was almost raped last night at the party.”

My mouth flew open, I couldn’t say anything, I was paralyzed. “Wha.. what?” was all I could say.

“I woke up naked in a bed last night at the party with this mysterious guy on top of me with his dick out and I screamed. Someone came in threw him on the floor and started beating the crap out of him saving me. The problem is that before that I don’t remember anything. I don’t remember why I was in that room or why I was naked.”

I hesitated, I didn’t know if I should tell her what happened last night but in the end I thought it would only be right to tell her. “Allison… we had sex.”

“No, we didn’t what are you talking about?”

“Last night we were playing drunken spin the bottle and I spun and it landed on you. At first you hesitated then I challenged you and you went for it. We did and it was the hottest thing ever but I couldn’t face you after it happened so I left when you fell asleep.”

“Why couldn’t you face me?”

“Because I’m a coward.”

“No, no you’re not. Now seriously tell me what happened.” She said sternly.

“I thought you would wake up and regret everything and I couldn’t handle it so I left. I don’t regret it but the fact that you don’t remember I think hurts more.”

“I don’t know what to say.”

“Don’t say anything. Just forget about it.” As I said it I couldn’t even look at her, I just wanted her to leave. “Al just go home please.”

“Wait. What? Are you mad at me Claire?”

“No, Allie I’m not mad at you I just really need to think.”

“If that is true why can’t you look at me?”

 “Last night was the best thing I ever experienced and you don’t remember. So I’m going to ask you to please leave now.”

“But Claire…”

“Please?” it was barely a whisper. I didn’t think she heard me until she got up and left. I stayed still for a long time trying to process what just happened. I picked up the phone on auto pilot. “Derek can  you come back over?”