The Wish

I was out for a walk and suddenly felt the cold wind of early November. It was already past 8 in the evening and I’m still enjoying my stroll.

I love wandering at night and looking at the stars with the moon by its side.

I gazed up above, seeing the stars and moon together as they always are. Two elements that could never be separated but when reality speaks, they are really miles and miles away from each other.

I shivered as the cold breeze of the wind passed my bare shoulders. Then, it hit me. I was alone. I was walking all by myself in this empty street. I was on my own unlike the stars and the moon.

I walked through the next street only finding it also vacant like the other. I can hear my footsteps and the branches of the trees as they dance in this evening. I was lonely and empty like the street.

The night is getting colder and no one is there to lend me a piece of cloth. The wind blew its icy breeze once again, this time I felt the chill inside and out.

I looked up in the sky and made a wish on the stars hoping that he was here with me tonight, holding his hand while we stroll in this starry night sky and the moon witnessing our most precious time.

If he was here with me tonight, I promise to hold his dear hand and I won’t let him leave me alone again.